The Retro paraphernalia pics thread

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by domlebo, Jul 21, 2010.

1. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

After reading through the booklet, it sounds more exciting that 90% of the games on the market today :lol:

2. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

In the last few days I have done some hunting around in Akihabara here in Tokyo. And have managed to score myself.

1x Super Famicom systems in original packaging along with its, cables, 2x controllers each (bought two, one is for a friend)
    - Super Mario World
    - Contra III
    - Super Mario Kart
    - Crono Trigger (2x)
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (2x)
    - Mortal Kombat
    - Super Street Fighter 2
    - Legend of Zelda, Link to the past.

1x Sega DreamCast (original box and packaging)
    - Soul Calibur (just now need to buy the latest sol cal 5 and I will have them ALLL :D :D :D

I Would love to find House of the Dead with the guns but no luck so far but i'm kinda out of money now after spending a month here along with buying many many other toys including a new Japan made Fender Telecaster :D I was always a Nintendo boi and didn't like much of the Sega stuff. But the Dreamcast blew me away and it was way way way ahead of its time. Such a shame it failed hard in the commercial sense.

Back home my brother is looking after the PAL SNES / N64 / Gameboys and all the games and accessories as kids. I need to get on to his back about making sure they are stored correctly and looked after. I've lost my Gamecube but I still have all my games / pads / etc and the Wii.

The old boy has our 1988 Space Invaders cocktail machine. he doesn't seem to care for it and its sitting in the shed. needs a lot of work which i have told him to NEVER get rid of it and one day i'll have room for it myself which i'll restore.

Kinda kicking myself that i have gotten rid of all my retro PC gaming stuff. Still got most of the games but yeah all the packaging and manuals have been diced I think. I knew the consoles were going to be worthy of looking after but with the PC side of things I always thought that they would always be backwards compatible. How wrong was I. And I Wish I knew what happened to the family's PC-XT and I remember as a kid we had an Atari something with Pong.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  3. Chundermuffin

Chundermuffin Member

May I ask what sort of coin you parted with to get that gear you listed? I was in Akihabara for half a day back in June but I don't think I spent enough time there.

4. xsive

xsive Member

Damn. Nice haul. Can I convince you to part with one of those copies of Turtles in Time? :p

5. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

ummm. Not really sure. I'm going to have to sit down and work it all out. After the post I had purchased a whole lot more stuff and yeah I kinda lost track of how much I was spending. I'm fairly careless when it comes to money and 'budgets'

Maybe we can come to some sort of trade / deal :thumbup:

Got back the other day and managed to trade a cheapo Yamaha AV reciever for a near new condition 51cm Sony Trinition flatscreen CRT. Totally stoked on the trade as looking on gumtree it was very difficult to even find a decent CRT TV / monitor of any size that wasn't a complete POS.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. Alby1976

Alby1976 Member

Just picked this up today.

Fat PS2, 2 controllers, cables and 18 games for $50.
    Still kicking myself that I didn't buy a fat ps2 from noosa when i was at tafe for $5, when i went back, it was gone.

Click to view full size!

7. destructioner

destructioner Member

I still have a yoshi console bundle boxed snes. Any idea how I can find out what it's worth?

8. mike-s

mike-s Member

So how's that working for you?

9. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

The phoenix board , was working great.
    I managed to locate the codes for the missing GAL chips on the internet, bought some blank chips and a programmer and managed to restore most of the boards functionality.

I had the kickstart selector, 2MB Chipram, zorro slot and FPU working.
    Unfortunately I could never get SCSI working, board wouldn't power up when the controller chip was installed.

The A1000's I tried to retrobright and it over-bleached them, and left with white specks/streaks all over them. I was planning to try to vinyl dye them or paint them but never got around to it.

I had some life changes so had to part with a lot of my old computer stuff. Sold the phoenix board to an american bloke and three A1000's on ebay to a bloke in WA for $30 plus shipping. The buyer made me jump through a few hoops which has turned me off ebay for selling stuff like this, I just wanted to be rid of it.

I've still got the A1200, A500, 1084S-D2 monitor plus various other bits and bobs... mice, power supply, disks, joysticks, and so on.
    I tried to sell these locally but no bites so was thinking of putting on OCAU.

I do like to pull them out from time to time and fiddle with them but at the moment they'repacked up in a box taking up space.

10. breech

breech Member

Throw it on the for sale forum, at least you know that the sale is on your terms on OCAU. Im interested in your a1200 and maybe some other bits.

11. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

The 1200 is spoken for but I'll be throwing the rest of the stuff up after Christmas.

12. TaXy DriVar

TaXy DriVar Member

I might be keen on the A500 depending on functionality ...

After Xmas - I'll keep an eye out :)

13. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

Stumbled across this thread and I started reminiscing, playing on a friends Atari

[​IMG]

The Atari 2600.

Came across the Galacy Invader 1000 abs1nthe had posted waaayyy back at post #70 which triggered a long forgotten memory - "I remember that from somewhere....."

iirc the display was vacuum tube.
    Aaah google confirmed:

[​IMG]

Unfortunatley don't own any myself, but it was a lovely trip down memory lane.

14. breech

breech Member

Someone made a simulator :) If the link doesn't work I have a copy.

http://www.oocities.org/yokisoft/invader/index.html

15. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

Thanks breech, that was great.