Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by kreegor, Jun 5, 2012.

1. kreegor

kreegor Member

I just saw this on www.rockpapershotgun.com. Looks pretty cool! Hopefully it doesn't have crippling DRM and actually comes to PC.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. zbone

zbone Member

Open world: have my doubts
    Hack n Stealth: After street gun fight and heli chase I doubt even more

3. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

heh... just being from Ubisoft = maximum doubt.

4. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

[​IMG]

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/05/watch-dogs-ubi-does-cyberpunk-open-world/

5. kreegor

kreegor Member

I reckon the gun play can be avoided if you want to go a more stealthy path. He didn't have to hack the traffic lights and could have just stayed in the building and waited etc.

Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure.

6. lithos

lithos Member

I hear they're ramping up the difficulty curve a bit: you're gonna have to press X and B to win in this one.

7. angel Havoc

angel Havoc Member

It looks good, but Ubisoft... :sick:

Just have to wait and see, but looks quite interesting indeed.

8. kreegor

kreegor Member

Hahaha well said!

9. power

power Member

Ubisoft's name is currently mud, I won't hold my breath.

10. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Looks ok.

But probably like all other games these days... the game will play itself.

I think I loathe modern games now...

11. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Looks really interesting :thumbup:

12. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

I'd be more excited about this than anything else if Ubisoft wasn't in charge, with so much time left till a release. They have a nasty habit of changing the way their games work from early trailers > release

13. Kaine[zof]

Kaine[zof] Member

This. If it weren't for that, I'd be excited about it.

But here's hoping for GTA with espionage action. I do like the style, the graphics look awesome, the animations are pretty good.

14. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Few things.

It doesnt look that stealthy to me.

Why are all computer game characters now modelled after Hugh Jackman?

Looks like a cool version of GTA - elements of person of interest?

15. Sledge

Sledge Member

LOOKS good..
    Hopefully it won't disappoint

16. lithos

lithos Member

Oh, goody - Assassins Creed: Script Kiddie.

It'll be another over-automated, context-sensitive, one-button-win, auto-aim rail fest - open world or not, I'll bet you donuts to dick hair there'll be fuck-all to do, beyond a few simple fetch or collect quests, outside of the missions.

The default walk speed, like AC, is "saunter bad-arsedly". When you're actually playing a game, that gets really old, really quickly. Why is it in here? It's purely style over substance; Ubi's dick-waving over practicality. It'll pad out the game, at least.

Tweaking the traffic lights to cause the crash? My money's not being able to do that outside of designated, pre-scripted events like the mission. You won't be able to just stroll around the city and causes crashes for fun between missions. We can't see the oncoming traffic from the left that causes the crash, but before it arrives it appears to be remarkably clear - the camera angle chosen to focus on the SUV (in case you don't know, that's the one with huge green arrow above it,) blocks it out. My money's on them popping in, magically scripted, just in time to intercept the SUV.

Ubisoft continues with their tradition of not letting gamers ruin their genius with Press-X-To-Win "takedowns". None of the moves done by "Adrian Pierce" would actually be controllable with a gamepad or KBM; again, like AC or SCC, I'll bet you just hit a button when it flashes and watch the cut scene unfold. Notice how the camera angle changes, dramatically, when these actions take place, from one that is practical (for gameplay) to one that simply looks the most "epic".

Note that bit where the PC epic-slides over the bonnet of the taxi while firing and then kicking the baddie? Yeah, explain to me how we'd control that. Once again, looks over gameplay. Not to mention that the camera pans rotates around to the left, and clips through the taxi: that's the most impractical place for it to be for a player to use it to aim a gun. The whole bit smacks of being pre-canned. Hit X, and Adrian coolly slides over the bonnet and pops five rounds right in the ten ring - while your hands are free to fist-bump your bro and admire the throbbing erections you both have (no homo)!

But the coup de grace - pun intended - has got to be the actual end of the mission. The whole reason for doing all this...killing Demarco...

...and you don't even get to kill him. It happens in a cut scene, with zero player input.

Ubi won't even let you have that. Not while they're still jacking off.

17. .Spada.

.Spada. Member

Liked the preview very much. I seriously wouldn't mind if the game isn't Splinter Cell-like.

18. angel Havoc

angel Havoc Member

We've only just seen the initial trailer for this game, and you already know oh-so-much about it? Why not just wait patiently and see whether it turns out good or bad, instead of instantly getting your angry face on and going for a rant?

19. lithos

lithos Member

Because I have pattern recognition skills.

If you don't want to risk negative criticism on your trailer, then don't fucking release one.

20. TXN

TXN Member

Looks cool.. for a movie. Because that's what it felt like.
    Not too sure what all the fuss is about. Everything feels automated and it doesn't really feel like you have complete control. Walk around, press a few buttons, aim and shoot for a bit, press more buttons. (Another gameplay trailer I just saw 'The Last Of Us', also announced at E3, feels similar in this regard)
    Will see.