Will they still make games for original xbox?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by tx1138, Dec 18, 2005.

1. tx1138

tx1138 Member

Hi all. This is my first post in this section of the forum. I was wondering, as the topic suggests, if the dev's will still make games for the original xbox when the 360 comes out. Will they?

thanks
    tx

2. Gristy

Gristy Member

yes mate. :)

3. tx1138

tx1138 Member

oh great! thanks! :)

4. squaredcorp

squaredcorp Member

But not for much longer than 6 months me thinks....MS would definitely wanna push the new console sales and thus forcing devs to only make games for the 360 :eek:

Enjoy your XBOX while it lasts :(

5. tx1138

tx1138 Member

heh well I'm not going to be buying a 360 for a few years, so they're not getting anymore money out of me for a while :D

6. g1g@8yT3

g1g@8yT3 Member

No new games are being developed only games that are in development at this stage will be released.

7. squaredcorp

squaredcorp Member

So it looks like it's even sooner than I thought... :eek:

8. tx1138

tx1138 Member

I guess so. It seems that the happiness of people is not good enough to compete with money ey? but I guess there are those dumb enough (no offense to anyone here) to buy it when it comes out :rolleyes:

9. lee-hobbs

lee-hobbs Member

Well I guess now is a good time to dump your xbox and get as much as you can for it before it becomes another paperweight.

Im glad i got a ps2 :D

10. wisie

wisie Member

I don't really understand why they stop the production of games, the xbox is still selling at a pretty good rate and the price for a new xbox is still pretty highish.
    I just feel they should continue the production and still attempt to market the xbox to a smaller extent then the 360!

It's probably a stupid idea to market the older generation when they have just released a new generation but I just feel the xbox still needs a few more games :)

11. tx1138

tx1138 Member

no way. I love my xbox. The first console I've ever had, and I'm not getting rid of it lol.

yeah, it is a shame that there won't be any more xbox games, but oh well. Oblivion will last me until 2016, so yeah. lol

12. wakeboardandy

wakeboardandy Member

It is a good thing then that my xbox.. 4 controllers and advance av pack got stolen... Now I have a $500 JB HiFi voucher... only have to add $150 more in march to get myself a 360..

13. mxlaser

mxlaser Member

MS confirmed as have MANY game developers they will be making games until Q2 07. It still has another 18 months life left.

However, without a doubt, the top titles will start to become X360 only within about 6 months, but standard port games, much like currently released for Xbox/ps2 are will be around.

You'll easily get another 12 months from your existing xbox before it gets to the point no more games.

FFS, its still 3 months before its even launched here... Other places around the world still even later than that.

They won't stop making games (as thats the only way MS make money from the xbox) untill the x360 has enough saturation, that takes a good 12-18 months, if not longer... Took them 3 years with the current xbox, but succesors always adopt faster.

Have a look at www.teamxbox.com for more info. Theres titles on there (good ones too) slated for release throughout all of next year already!

Don't listen to the doomsayers, enjoy your xbox now, wait for the x360 to be modded so its more user friendly (meaning ability to be a proper media player like the xbox is) untill you swap over... hell even wait till the PS3 is here and save yourself a few $$$

14. ecroF

ecroF Member

MS loose money on new consoles(xbox360 is over US100 per console) and make money on games. Why the hell would MS discourage developers from making games for a console that they(ms) have already taken it up the butt for.

15. ProphecyKnthrak

ProphecyKnthrak Member

its not too hard to make games for both xbox and 360. Lots of games have that. That is y I won't buy any more games that will come out on the 360. Gun is definitely on my list and so wanna get but its coming to 360 too. Last game I'd buy for xbox is Prince of Persia 3. Playing 2 now and its kickass. Just finished 1 last week too.

16. tx1138

tx1138 Member

Thanks Mxlaser :) Anyway, in 12 months it will be cheaper, so I'll just buy it then. I can wait.

and wakeboardandy, you're going to pay $650 dollars for something that will be around 450 a month later?

don't waste your money mate.

17. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

The 360 won't be $450 a month after launch, end of discussion.

18. sanjay

sanjay Member

well the original xbox dropped from $699 to $399 pretty damn quickly on release (that said, it had to cut the price to compete with the far cheaper gamecube).

not until the 360 gets modded, allows me to use a 120gb hard disk and xbox media centre am i even going to bother with the new platform. i have too many goodies for my current xbox to care :D

19. claf-43

claf-43 Member

their is NO reason for thr 360 to drop in price, their are no competitors

20. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

The original was an exception - it had to compete with the PS2, which had a good head start, and a cheaper price. Microsoft aren't an unknown quantity as far as consoles go now, there are no competitors, and no reason to drop their prices.

Again, you won't see a price drop for a long time on the 360, and certainly nothing like the original. Expect it to follow the PS2's pricing timeline moreso than the Xbox's. Price drops might happen around Xmas '06, or around the PS3's launch. All depends on what Sony & Nintendo do.