[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm starting to have a few bad issues with 8.1. Admittedly it's only the preview version so I'll be reformatting tonight and installing Pro version.

But I'm looking forward to 9 already.

"Windows 9 slated for 2015 as Windows 8 'tanking'"

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...2015-as-windows-8-tanking-20140114-30rlg.html

Windows 10 Preview is now freely available - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

All the ISO Files are here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

UPDATE 23/8/10: Before asking questions please take the time to read this this sticky thread: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1171935

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Vegemiteman

Vegemiteman Member

Once 8.1 launched I installed it on my main rig with StartDock and I love it!! Faster than Win7, some of the new features are really cool and just seems to run better.

My only issue is if you use the built in photos or movies app, you have to use Task Manager to kill them.

I will stick with 8 until 9 is proven better and stable

3. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

4. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

Geez, really? Gosh, if only there was some way for them to tell this was going to happen? Golly, how complicated. I wonder if removing the start bar and half arsing a touch screen interface into a convention OS was part of it? I think I remember hearing the community mentioning something about this being a god damn stupid as all shit idea once or fifty millions times.

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Windows Blue was supposed to be the next evolution of Windows, with more frequent releases containing fewer changes per release. Almost like the "rolling release" idea we see in Linux.

Whether or not Windows 8 is "tanking", I don't really care. I'd hoped Windows Blue would be a real thing, and not marketing BS. If Windows 9 arrives sooner with fewer changes and at a cheaper price, I'm all good for that.

6. Boneman

Boneman Member

Is it just my monitor or is that yellow prefix hard to read ?

7. AthlonMan

Yea it's a little hard to read.

8. mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Hard to read on my 24" LG E2411 I use here at work, too.

9. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

10. NSanity

NSanity Member

All you traitorous swine not using sabretooth...

11. AthlonMan

Doesn't my avatar give it away :lol:

12. Eradicate'

Eradicate' Member

my thoughts exactly

13. Boneman

Boneman Member

What is sabretooth ?

14. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Windows 7 was originally slated to be the last OS to support 32bit, but this evidently failed to happen when W8 was launched with 32bit flavour.

Let's hope W9 is given the same original promise, and followed through with...

15. robertjp_1

robertjp_1 Member

I am all for 64 bit but make the upgrade path less convoluted.

16. grommet80

grommet80 Member

One of the 3 themes for the forum. You can select at the bottom of the page.

17. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Well I was considering purchasing Win8 in the next few weeks for my new build, I have no real issues with Win8 I think its runs quite well it just lacks some common sense. If Win9 is what Win7 was for Vista then Windows should hopefully gain back some of its good reputation.

18. NiTeHaWk

NiTeHaWk Member

Bit 2 retro 2 select, it's not 2001 anymore on OCAU :D

All for the releases, I use 8.1 at work (In IT obviously), and Win7 at home. They just need to make it so the start menu isn't so shit. Even with the shortcuts, hotkeys and memerising control panel applets etc, win8 is a failure.

19. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Win8/8.1 is the Windows Vista equiv.. Maybe Win9 will be a huge upgrade just like it was to Windows 7 from Vista.

Microsoft don't do patches or large updates to fix a layout, they release an entirely new OS to fix that, so Windows 9 sounds like the one to wait it out for:thumbup:

20. NSanity

NSanity Member

See, I too work in IT for a living.

I literally want to stab my eyeballs out if i have to go back to Win 7. I've run 8 for about 6 months before RTM, and 8.1 since RTM.

Just too many features i prefer on Windows 8.x, and things that actually have impact to my day (like network xfers - literally 30MB/sec faster on 8).

Full disclosure, I've been pinning apps and using the Start "search" for app-launching since early Windows 7.

I'm annoyed that I have to keep in my head the locations of various settings across 4 OS's (xp, vista, 7 and now 8) - but its no different to having to cover 4 major releases of Office and where to find options.