F2P World of Warships

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by SCorpion2, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

oh... and I thought it was just me.. Got the kawachi but oh boy.. that thing is a dog.. can't outshoot, can't outrun.. and anytime you hear torps that are near you.. might as well just hit escape and quit back to port..

2. timsarg

timsarg Member

i find i just get in it and charge the enemy , had more success due to the poor range you had to get close so if you managed to get a salvo off before getting buttfucked by torp bombers you normally could get some decent xp . Then i found salvation in the myogi with 15km guns . Oh it's a joy

3. GDavid

GDavid Member

I love the Kawachi, especially in my Umikaze... :-D

4. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

C'mon, the Kawachi isn't THAT bad...

[​IMG]

Actually, it is, that was a co-op battle, lol!

5. GDavid

GDavid Member

ROFLMAO...

6. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I had a coupe of decent 2kish xp (with 1.5x bonus) games in mine but yeah it was very situational and a lot of luck was involved, if you could get a few citadel hits you could wreck people but the guns are so inaccurate it could be pretty painfull waiting 30 to reload after your shots land all around your target at 7km range :(

7. Coopz

Coopz Member

First game in 2 weeks and I lasted about 1m...poor old St Louie just ain't got the range to hit the big ships and it's to slow and blind to dodge the torpedo spam that the idiot crew give you 3 seconds of warning about. DD's just seem to get so close before they are spotted and by then they have already fired a salvo of torps..

8. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

The trick for those ships is to stay with the herd..... herbavore tactics of safety in numbers.....

Don't venture out on your own and use ap Armour piercing rounds

9. GTR27

GTR27 Member

I love destroyers. I regularly get 3+ kills per round, frequently big ones (BB or CV).

I'm struggling to get huge xp though. Last game I had 4 kills (1xCV, 2 x cruiser, 1 x DD) plus a few planes shot down, and half a dozen HE gun hits and I only got 704xp?

I've had a few 11-1200xp games (with 1.5x) but without killing thw whole team myself, I dont know how to get more?

I am the boss with torpedos though. I just find them really easy to aim and predict which way ships are going. Have had a few LOL point blank torps into battleships as they are trying to swivel guns around.

I'm on WOW NA server (it was the only option?)

EDIT: ginding my way now. Have tier 3 BB, Tier 4 cruiser, Tier 4 destroyer on IJN and T3 destroyer on US

10. Coopz

Coopz Member

Finding it annoying how only the destroyers are moving off at the start, everyone else just seems to go into a corner and just do circles, 'Hiving' they are calling it. Half the time they just let them enemy team cap the flag. Boats should get damage for going out of bounds, still to many people riding the rails, especially carriers.

I started on NA but had some lag spike issues, switched to SEA and found it much better, 40-80 ping and just as many players although the games have less general chit chat. (not always a bad thing:tongue:)

11. GTR27

GTR27 Member

Totally coopz. I'm full throttle, engine boost for the flag in a DD.

So many people dont seem to move until i've pulled a k or so in gap on them. Occaisionally I get a great team where a cruiser will come with me, and everyone splits up into groups (with different types in each group). Those games always end up as a win (normally a huge win). If I see a cruiser come with, I wont engine boost (so they stay reasonably close). So much easier hunting when people see a cruiser, they automatically target that, which leaves me free to get closer for a torp kill. If only BB at my level were faster, i'd go with them as they can take a lot more punishment than a cruiser.

But the SC sucks!

12. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

yeah, they should replace the boundary with sea mines.

13. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

hahahahaa totally.

14. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Mines are cool but being able to be damaged when over the line would be enough of a fix I think.

15. Coopz

Coopz Member

The old Phoenix IV has raped my stats. Was sitting on a 60% win rate before tying it, 2+ days of playing it and my rate has crashed to 35%, lol, won single fucking win in it, its fast but its a fucking torpedo magnet, this boat is defying the laws of averages. Every team I get stuck on is annihilated in the first 3 minutes, this is reminding me of those awful games on World of Tanks with the lemming trains and days of frustration.

16. GTR27

GTR27 Member

I'm finding the south Carolina, and the American dd like that. IJN DD so far is the most fun.

I only just found out you can target and it will show you where to aim torps. I was manually aiming before (and having tried both, I'm better than the computer in getting hits!)

17. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

What? Since fucken when have torps had a leading reticle? The targeting reticle can give you time to arrival estimates, but there's no "aim here to hit with torps" unless you're using a mod of some kind.

18. r8response

r8response Member

Torps have had a leading indicator for quite some time.

If you have a target spotted, "target" (Lock Reticle in the settings) then, then you'll see a long grey indicator. It's simplistic in that it only gives you a direction to shoot in relation to the heading of your target. The moment they change course, it changes.

19. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Oh the vertical line that protrudes above the firing arc indicator?

20. FFC

FFC Member