Wow - SO is AMD dead ?

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by m1one, Apr 28, 2015.

1. m1one

m1one Member

Some new AMD CPU's

FX 9590 , FX 9370 , FX 8370E

Of interest to me is the FX 8370E , I think my old 1090 is getting long in the tooth ..
    I havent seen any rave reviews , or any posts .

No one is bothering ?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

3. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

4. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

5. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

When was the 9590 released ;)

I thought we were talking about "new" CPUs.

6. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Less than four months later at a cursory google glance?

Still 8 months old.

The issue is that the OP has no idea what they are talking about and nothing to back up their statement. Check the link I posted, which is the next topic down, talking about the future of AMD CPU's and what's to come.

7. m1one

m1one Member

Hehehe

No )

2 problems

Problem one , Im a poor communicator ...
    I see little to no mention on this forum , I don't care about other forums or countries ..

Problem two , you guys seem to ass_U_me way to much ...

And I have seen the other thread ...

But usually in the past there were CPU specific threads to report on overclocks ..

This is what Im talking about , so no one here ( here on OCAU ) is bothering with the latter cpu's ..

Back a ways back there would be 100+ posts with OC results by now ..

I don't know when they were released ? But they are reaching stores in Oz ATM ..

I don't troll for computer parts any longer ... But since I visit OCAU from time to time , what can I say .
    I haven't seen any OC results ? So Im wondering if AMD is dead on this forum .

8. TaroT

TaroT Member

its because the cpus are old and refreshed old.
    loo up oc results for any of those and they will be like 6 months ago.

the value for money that used to be there really isn't in the high end stuff anymore, I still prefer the apu versions to intels but if I *had* to buy a new system it would have to be the intel for now....luckily my 8350 is still purring along so meh.

to answer the actual question...yes basically amd is dead for now(well I prefer hibernation) until they release something better

9. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Even if the new AMD CPU's come within 10-15% of their comparative Intel mainstream CPU competition clock-for-clock, I think I'd switch just to show support.

Knowing AMD, they would be cheaper for the same price level as Intel to get some market share back. Would be a great re-entry. :thumbup:

10. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Im not sure how intel sell i3 other than fanboy BS.

AMD APU line is so much better, but because some benchmarks show i3 to be faster at CPU only things means the APU isnt fast enough for FB youtube and excel. :rolleyes:

Like sure if your right up their (not games) and need hardcore CPU power then yeah intel i5 1150 and i7 2011-3 (1150 i7 is marketing BS) is the way to go esp with the xeons etc.

11. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

Because in terms of CPU grunt, the i3 destroys the $20-more-expensive AMD A7700k.

Yes, the A7700k has better onboard graphics, but ANYONE who finds justification in spending money on a discrete graphics solution, won't find the AMD's on-cpu gfx enough to make a difference.

Long story short, the i3 is faster at being a cpu, and the onboard graphics is 'good enough' for everything that a discrete GPU isn't needed for.

And it's cheaper.

And it's better on power.

Going by your logic, why would anyone in the CPU world buy anything more than a Celeron G1840 (which is surprisingly capable these days)? Throw a decent graphics card with it, and you're playing Diablo 3 and other modern games with quite a decent framerate at 1080p.

Best example:
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-G1840-vs-AMD-A6-7400k
    Please tell me why the average user would spend $30 more on the AMD chip. This is why AMD is suffering.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  12. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

you realise you're a fanboy right? i have to ask because it's a word you're always using whether it's CPUs or GPUs. i have a sneaking suspicion you're not aware that you are one of the top fanboys on OCAU.

13. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

AMD has been dead since the 1090.

I've had a sandy bridge 2600k since i upgraded from my 1090, and i still have it now.

It's still more than enough grunt for most of the things i do with it today.

If you want a gaming machine/grunt machine, the i5/i7 machines are where it's at.

If you want a workstation/server based system with bucketloads of performance socket 2011.

If you want a htpc, amd apu's are more than likely going to get you there for a cheaper price, but you might get SLIGHTLY better power efficiency with an i3.

I've always had amd's, but since i went the 2600k, that's pretty much all i'm getting from now on... GPU's though...... they have got it sussed i think.

14. power

power Member

Core 2 Duo came out, buried AMD - they have not recovered.

15. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

i7 was the nail in the coffin. Let's be honest here, an overclocked 1st gen i7 is still enough for 99% of users/gamers these days...

16. power

power Member

my 3770k isn't even overclocked yet and it's still more than adequate.

The i7's are just that good.

17. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

the 1090t give it a good run for it's money in pure workload areas (such as rendering, zip, and sata performance), not only that... it just had a better feature set (onboard usb 3, more pcie lanes etc etc).

It was very neck and neck between the first gen i7's and the x6's (the x6's could get to 4.5ghz easily, and they pumped hard at that level).

Once SB came out though....... it was over. The performance gains of a SB system in terms of o/c headrooms (eg unheard of getting to 4ghz on a first gen without a DECENT w/c loop), but to get to 4.8, hell even 5ghz on a SB, just blew everything else away.

My machine (1090t @ 4.5ghz) competed quite well with a mates 3.8ghz 920 C0 and my bro's D0.

18. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

Only problem was that the x6 was released 18 months later than the i7-920, which is the real issue. By then, it was already waaaay too late...

19. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

He says to a guy who owns

3310? something like that
    A few i5 laptop parts and a few i7 laptops parts
    Q6600
    Q6600
    X3450
    E6300
    E6600
    An atom!
    E4400

I have lots LOTS more intel CPUs but thats whats in USE right now.

You want me to list over 100 nvidia cards i have owned as well? Maybe i have owned enough to know what CPU is good for what, If you really cant see past "everyone is a hardcore gamer like me" well not sure what i can say to help you out.

Intel is def the fastest CPU, but best in all uses? Sorry it simply isnt.

20. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

For what purposes/functions/reasons would you choose a modern AMD chip over a modern Intel chip? Just curious.