BRIS WTB 19" 4:3 or similar LCD displays

Discussion in 'Retro - For Sale, WTB, Price Check, Give Away' started by MonoJoker, Sep 14, 2017.

1. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Hi guys,

Does anyone sell these any more? I've had a couple kicking around in my shed for ages which I'm finally using for MAME cab builds for friends/family. But now I'm out and would like one or two more for future builds. Will consider widescreen but 4:3 is best for landscape mount and playing portrait/landscape games. Also can go bigger sizes depending on price. Last time I bought some 19s they were 20 or 30 bux a go, where have they all gone, landfill???

Cheers.

2. power

power Member

eBay or bumtree - i haven't seen 4:3 in retail for some time.

3. rumski

rumski Member

Mate I have a Samsung Syncmaster 19” 940N, reserve $20 if you are interested let me know.

4. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Yeah I've had a look, shipping is the killer on Ebay and my location means there's not much around. But I'll have another Gumtree look and line up a couple to make the drive worthwhile. Cheers.

Cheers mate, just have to organise a trip to the Gold Coast to pickup - or do you venture towards Brisbane much?

5. Technics

Technics Member

Just be aware that most 19" are actually 5:4 and not 4:3. The most readily available, reasonably large 4:3 is probably the 20" Dell 2007fb or 2007fpb (not the 2007fpw which is the 16:9 version). They are good, wide angle IPS panels as well. I've got a few I picked up for under $30 but you have to wait for them to show up on eBay or Scumtree.

Edit: Also look for the HP LP2065. Pretty much the same monitor. They seem to be less common though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Oh, sorry, was using 4:3 as a generic term to mean non-widescreen :) I should edit the title actually to just WTB 18-20" LCDs, cheers.

7. mkusanagi

mkusanagi Member

Dell 2007fp is what you want.

• 20" 4:3 1600x1200 resolution
    • S-IPS or S-PVA panels (though every single one i've bought has been S-IPS)
    • Composite, S-Video, RGB, DVI, VGA input
    • Picture in picture (should the need arise)
    • Sync on green
    • 12v output (technically for speaker bar but can be used anyway)
    • Inbuilt 240v PSU, no need for additional power brick
    • 4 port USB hub

I'm pretty sure it does 15khz over VGA as well, I'm actually going to be testing this out in a few days so can come back and confirm if it is possible.

You can get an A grade one for around $40-$50 on eBay, B grade for around $30 plus shiping. Well worth it, I use two in portrait as every day screens on my workstation. Have a couple as test screens and have one in my scratch built arcade unit.

Even though they're 10-ish years old I have not come across a better non-wide screen.

There are 2007fp and 2007fpb, the difference is that the fpb came with the speaker bar at time of purchase. You can still get NOS speaker bars if you want. The 2007wfp is widescreen. A fantastic monitor in its own right, but we're talking 5:4 panels here.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  8. Technics

Technics Member

I've always thought the 2007FP was true 4:3 not 5:4? I any case they are worth looking out for.

9. mkusanagi

mkusanagi Member

I had to check on mine and you're right it's 4:3.

30.5cm high and 41cm across

10. rumski

rumski Member

mate i might get near to Brisbane this Thursday if that works for you?