Ziegler & Brown BBQs

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by switchblade327, Dec 18, 2012.

1. switchblade327

switchblade327 Member

Understand there is a show us your bbq thread going on but I wanted to hear any thoughts on the Ziegler & Brown BBQs that BBQs Galore have.

Went in on the weekend and was smitted by the 200 series WeberQ - about what I want/need. But the pushy salesman was ramming Ziegler & Brown down my throat with throw aways like "Weber is US made and they like to cook with the hood down, the Ziegler is made for Aussies and we cook with the lid up" etc

TBH they look like a cheap knockoff of the weber so not entirely convinced.

Featurewise it looked impressive but seems to be a BBQGalore homebrand which generally means it should be cheaper or else they are making more margin (likely) so they are pushing folks onto the brand.

Other than BBQGalore, any reputable Sydney BBQ shops that sell Weber??

2. romanx

romanx Member

lol, sounds like a wanker of a salesman.

I cook with the hood up or down depending on what's on the bbq. You can throw a chook on and cook with the hood down and roast it.

3. switchblade327

switchblade327 Member

he was definitely reading from the brochure.. do you cook with a Weber??

4. Fishface

Fishface Member

The Ziegler & Brown is made in China and it would be a fair bet that BBQs Galore are making a much fatter profit on them than Webers.

Their heat output is higher so I guess they are right about being able to cook lid open.

Weber dealers can be found here:
    http://www.weberbbq.com.au/RetailerList.php

If you want a bit of discount wait till the after christmas sales where David Jones usually offer 15% off.
    However if you want the special model Q220:
    http://www.weberbbq.com.au/CompareProducts.php?comparisonId=2
    with Temp guage, electronic ignition and higher lid you have to go to a Weber special dealer who will probably not discount.:(

5. switchblade327

switchblade327 Member

Fishface, ta for that - mind is now set on the special models.. only decision is 100 or 220..

6. romanx

romanx Member

No, gas with a hood. I was given a used Weber but I've never used it, although I'd like to use it soon.

7. Fredescu

Fredescu Member

They're basically Barbeques Galore home brand. I think they'd be fine if you could get a good deal on them, but they're the exact same price as the Q200. Since the Qs are really popular its much easier to get Q specific tips and recipes on the net and Weber have amazing customer service, while I've heard of a few BBQG horror stories.

8. Matt P

Matt P Member

I have a Q200, you can't really get serious heat out of them with the hood up, the jets simply aren't big enough, so you pretty much HAVE to cook with the hood down.

On the upside, gas goes a LONG way.

Its tough to get good discounts, think of weber as apple

Feel free to ask anything you want

MP

9. Mad Mike

Mad Mike Member

I am thinking of getting the Z&B and a complement to a kamado. They seem to get a alright right up on the aussiebbq forum. I know that they are the Barbeques Galore home brand, however they do seem to have some good features, ie like the ability to have a half grill/flattop. Which you can not do with the Weber.

I am going after xmas to see if they are willing to deal, which might mean the different between it and a weber for me.