10 Reasons for a Pentium 4 Windows 98 DOS Retro Gaming PC :)

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by philscomputerlab, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

how are you gpoing to put those video cards into a 775/AM3 mobo?

Anyway, I concur with the notion of this thread.. Now come take some P4 stuff, someone ;)

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=16833438&postcount=819

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. partybear

partybear Member

If you want to use agp you can get plenty of modern boards with it for example:

AM2NF3-VSTA
    4CoreDual-SATA2

Or you could just use pci, any pci versions of the geforce 5 series or radeon 9000 series would do windows 98 just fine. There is even pci express to agp adapters.

You can still get current boards with isa if you want you could build a current 4790k with a isa soundblaster.

3. badmofo

badmofo Member

You seem to be objecting but I can't get a handle on why. Is that just your thing?

4. partybear

partybear Member

I don't like when people advertise a youtube channel every second post, especially when its just kinda pointless. Congratulations you installed windows 98 on a computer, but its not a achievement you can install it on like any computer made since the 1990's.

If your going for period correct this is wrong, if your going for fastest possible while being software compatible this is wrong. You guys shouldn't be encouraging this guy when all his doing is spamming youtube links to try and make money.

5. shane41

shane41 Member

You have the wrong idea bud. He does this to help others get the retro bug.
    As if he'd make a killing on 478 computers :lol:

6. OP
    OP
    philscomputerlab

philscomputerlab Member

You should really change your nick. For a partybear you're one miserable old bastard.

As for YouTube, I'm not much into writing, I like making videos, I'm a very visual / auditory person. Many find them helpful, some don't, no big deal, nobody is forcing you to watch them, if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it.

As for $$$, it's peanuts and goes towards my website with drivers, downloads and lots more to come. I guarantee you that I give a lot more than I get, which is foremost people's appreciation and the feeling of having helped out someone.

7. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

The P4C (2.4, 2.6, 2.8 and 3.06GHz) range had hyper threading.

8. JidaiGeki

JidaiGeki Member

I stand corrected; was only thinking of the 400MHz and 533MHz FSB Northwoods, totally forgot about the 800MHz HT variants.

9. badmofo

badmofo Member

Who the hell cares? This ain't your thread. In the years I've been reading Phil's posts / watching his vids he's been nothing but good natured and genuinely interested in helping people out.

10. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

God forbid someone post actual some content, rather than just bitching and moaning... Right?

Don't think Phil is racking in the Youtube millions with a few hundred to maybe a thousand views per video.

11. shane41

shane41 Member

Steady up Boys :lol: Share the love or I'll have to bust out the cane. Partybear not understand Phil's concept here on budget machine for the masses. Just does not likes the 478 does all concept. Same as me :tongue:

Phil is like a pioneer on helping others into Retro with his video's. Back to Super Sevens Phil before they're all gone :eek:

12. OP
    OP
    philscomputerlab

philscomputerlab Member

Got something brewing in the background :) It will be ready when it's ready :lol:

13. shane41

shane41 Member

So your the chap :Pirate: belting me out of the auctions lately :(

14. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

Hold onto it if you can. A few years ago i threw out a lot of old stuff because no one here wanted it and i couldn't keep it. Some of it is sought after now. I'd take it myself but the house is on the market and storage is full so I understand if you have to throw it :(

15. OP
    OP
    philscomputerlab

philscomputerlab Member

I'm innocent. I got my SS7 boards years ago, now they are simply too expensive...

16. shane41

shane41 Member

:lol: OK I'll trust you this time. Damn..........getting a right hammering on ebay

17. OP
    OP
    philscomputerlab

philscomputerlab Member

I wanted to get these Asus SS7 boards a few weeks ago, but then the seller took them down :( Would have been nice to have.

18. shane41

shane41 Member

The Asus ones come along fairly often Phil. Those Gigabytes there damn hard to find & good Dfi's. Aopens << far out < only seen x2 > too darn expensive both times :upset:

19. Cannula

Cannula Member

I've got three DFIs now, they're out there you just need to get better at searching. :Pirate:

A few good Asus P4s around too, CT479 compatible as well.

20. shane41

shane41 Member

Ah hah :shock: That stealthy rogue is revealed to me..........Like that Dfi Atx I let go in the UK last month. Lucky chap I did not bid :p