$100-150~ on speakers or headset

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by flinchy, Nov 12, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    flinchy

flinchy Member

both

steelseries perfectly met both demands EDIT: and functionality too, i liked the idea of having a retractable mic

though considering all the advice, the clipon and a decent pair of non-gamer headphones sounds good... when i get more money :-\

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. Whisper

Whisper Member

1. If the steelseries perfectly met both demands, you obviously haven't heard decent headphones

2. For $150 you can get exceptionally good headphones if you are going the headphone option only. Suffice it to say, the steelseries will not come up in any discussion by people who know what they are talking about when referring to good headphones at this price point.

3. For the love of all that is good and merciful, don't fucking buy your headphones based on what they may or may not look like when sitting on your head.

3. OP
    OP
    flinchy

flinchy Member

okay, it wasn't for the 'looks' i got looks confused with.. i dunno what to call it.. whatever having a retractable mic could be called., and not looking strange with headphones on (again, a bit to do with the mic, i hate having this thing sticking out in front of my face)... also, giant muffs, i hate having headphones pushing my ears in any direction that isn't natural, it hurts like crazy (for me)