$100-$200 for Headphones

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by Abercrombi3, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Abercrombi3

Abercrombi3 (Banned or Deleted)

hey people im looking for some headphones to replace my crappy stock ipod ones that came with my shuffle, now, im looking for quality here, after looking at the earbuds is it really worth paying ~$200 for the ATH-CM7? can you guys recomend me some good earbuds (none of that in ear crap, have had bad experiances..). i've also been looking at some cans that i wouldn't be embarised to wear (i currently have some sennheiser HD212-Pros that i wouldn't wear outside the house) but i would wear sayy, the sony V700DJ's (was interested but everyone seems to say they break in half) :wired: :wired: sorry if this doesn't make much sence, im posting this at night hoping to wakeup to a thread full of good recomendations :)

2. Snufkin

Snufkin Member

Canalphones > earbuds ;)
    I'm talking real canalphones, not the apple ones which are garbage.
    The CM7 are ok, but they still have all the problems associated with earbuds - poor quality sound if they don't fit you properly, falling out easily etc.

If looks are more important than sound though, just get something you like the look of.

3. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Member

http://headphones.com.au/ (as listed in Snufkin's sig) or go to JB HiFi and try on a few sets. Listen to something you know well. Audio perception is subjective. Best to try before you buy.

4. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Member

Snufkin, your PM box is full. Thanks for the response.

5. Snufkin

Snufkin Member

Yeah, that happens a lot :)

No problem :)