10th-gen Intel 'Comet Lake' i9 10900KF/F, i9 10800F, i7 10700K, i5 10600K + Z490

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Azzan, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzan

Azzan Member

"Intel’s 10th Gen ‘Comet Lake’ Desktop CPU Lineup Allegedly Leaks Out – Core i9-10900KF Flagship With 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 5.2 GHz Boost at $499 US, 8 Cores Start at $339 US, 6 Cores at $179 US"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://wccftech.com/intel-10th-gen-comet-lake-desktop-cpu-lineup-leak-lga-1159-socket-rumor/
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66560/intel-core-i9-10900kf-10c-20t-5-2ghz-499-14nm/index.html

"Intel's new 10th-gen Comet Lake CPUs will come on a new LGA1159 socket with new Z490 motherboards, and support DDR4-3200 natively."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Straferight likes this.
  2. asho444

asho444 Member

what an utter disappointment . .

but i dont understand how they can squeeze another 2 cores at the same node on there given the power and heat the 9900k makes.
    will be interesting to see if there is a further ipc increase or if it is just cores

2SHY and Dilbery like this.
  3. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

As expected, there will be very little if any at all IPC improvement until 10nm desktops chips are out. Release date as a guess will be either end of year or 1st QTR 2020.

4. asho444

asho444 Member

good news tho is it looks like they will be bring the prices down to compete with ryzen

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Competition is stirring them into action. Its a shame it's just another iteration of the same.. and yet another socket change too at least they are consistent !! But its a start.

6. Jazper

Jazper Member

FFS another socket.

First z370 and z370, then before that z270...

Hotrod2go likes this.
  7. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

Well As per specs the base clock is lower 3.4ghz for 10900k vs 3.6ghz for 9900k even with the extra 10w TDP. The more useful part is the 10700k, essentially a rebadged 9900k but priced down to around ~$610. The 10700 may also be an alright buy if it turbos nicely and can run say around 4.5ghz all cores. Either way power hungry chips if you want top end performance best used with watercooling

8. danyell

danyell Member

they don't deserve our money for some time... everyone should buy ryzen this round and possibly the next and really stir intel to action

terroristone likes this.
  9. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

8c/16t @ 5.1ghz @ $389 USD --

shut up and take my money

10. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

its not a shame their performce is superiour to amd with the extra cores they will be handily back ontop here maybe intel will copy amd and go from 16mb to 72mb l3 cache its a cheap trick they can only pull of once and it still didnt get amd the outright performance lead

11. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

14nm still, I hope you need a new heater...

adamsleath likes this.
  12. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

as I ahve said about AMD performance I dont care if it is hot and needs a nuclear reactor to power it as long as the performance is there

amd with a new process node ahead of intel still are behind here like for like (8c vs 8 core) these new CPU's will close the pricing gap and put them clearly back on top

like I said $389 USD 8c/12t @ 5.1 ghz out of the box without a sniff of glue at all

Shut
    up
    and
    take
    my
    money

13. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

First you say "with the extra cores they will be handily back on top" and then you say it "still didnt get amd the outright performance lead". That's amusing. Don't forget to buy your new motherboard when you order either, a new socket means you'll need to add the cost of that to your bargain buy.
    Any way it goes it's good for competition, do you really think Intel would come with such a half arsed response so quickly if AMD hadn't forced them to?
    Add to that, its a rumor, not a fact at this point, and in neither of the links provided by Azzan does it even give a time frame for this new version of the same chip.

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

amd didnt get the outright peformance lead across the board even with their MOAR!!!! CORES!!!! and increasing the cache massivly just look at the gaming results ad see they are still a fair way behind so this move by intel will extend that lead and bring them back ontop where they were behind.

if you DIDNT think intel would respond to these failzen chips you have rocks in your head I ahve no doubt the leaks are genuine and probably not so "accidental" considering teh timing

if intel follow their past releases it will be late this year / early next year for these chips

15. Digit

Digit Member

If I'm reading that table correctly (and i barely glanced at it), 5.1ghz is single core boost, 4.8ghz is max. All core boost

sanjeevlives and chook like this.
  16. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Yer looks like new i7 10700K(US$389)'s gonna be better than current i9 9900K..
    i9 9900K: 5.0GHz/3.6GHz, 8c/16t, 16MB Cache, 95W TDP, Intel UHD 630
    i7 10700K: 5.1GHz/3.6GHz, 8c/16t, 16MB Cache, 95W TDP, Intel UHD 730

17. chook

chook Member

Correct. Still good speeds for both but important to note that the truer comparison is the all core boost.

Pretty excited if this means I have a great choice come the start of 2020 after all the dust has settled on both company's releases.

Ratzz likes this.
  18. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

This is one of the most meaningful comments in this thread. It's fucking awesome that there will actually be choice, something that has been seriously lacking for years. The RX series were great bang for buck, but if you wanted anything more high end than that, Intel had the market to itself. Vega was never competitive at its price point, and Radeon VII is overpriced too.

Now Nvidia only have the 2080S/Ti that stand out, which is a much more limited market. Competition is good for EVERYONE, it doesn't matter which team you prefer.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  19. chook

chook Member

Exactly. Once that time rolls around I will have a more refined idea of my needs and will, I hope, have a genuine choice. I went from an Athlon XP to a socket 939 Opteron to a socket 775 Conroe to a socket 2011 Sandy Bridge-E which is where I still am. Zen 2 tempted me a lot and given my timeline it looks like I will be seriously spoiled for choice and could care less what sticker is on the box if it fits the compromise between needs and budget.

It looks like the internal memo that Intel published did show that they knew they were under pressure and, if they end up being substantiated, these rumoured specs and prices show that they are responding in a way that is good for the customer. If it ends up being substantiated. I am sure Jim from Adored will be along to do that soon ;).

PS: I think you might have meant to say Nvidia when talking about the GPU's.

20. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Gawd, I don't even bother to watch Adored. The dude spends most of his time defending his bad info. If he confirms something, I'm likely to consider it officially debunked.

I did say Nvidia.. don't look at the edit time stamps :lol: My Ninja skills have deteriorated with age. Mind you... I suspect that in a year, or two at the most, we'll also be discussing the new video cards that Intel bring out, and comparing them favourably.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.