1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

10th gen Intel Desktop Comet Lake CPU(i9 10900K, i7 10700K, i5 10600K, i3 10320 & Z490)

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Azzan, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Hive

Hive Member

By saying "Fuck it i don't need a delid tool" and instead going at it with a screwdriver and some pliers, slipping and removing the die from the chip and then sending in for RMA after carefully hot glueing it back together. On the RMA form "Shit's fucked aye"

I think the guy also painted his PC case chev engine block-blue and also routinely paints his dogs with spray paint. When questioned about the dog painting this was determined to be a "normal thing" according to him.

2. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

really sounds like an idiot or something an AMD buyer would do really IMHO

3. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Moar corezzzz;

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/intels-c...p-to-30-better-performance-in-threaded-tasks/

[​IMG]

JSmith

4. Hive

Hive Member

Clinging on to dear life with that 14nm process...

5. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

The uplift over 9900k looks incredibly low if it has 250w to play with

6. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

i dont think it will be rated @ 250w

4% uplift in single thread is a decent bump and will ensure intels continued dominance.

7. Hive

Hive Member

Call your plug and tell him to get fucked because he's selling you some really shit crack if you think 4% is a decent bump. That's all intel have done for the last 5 years. just small bits of 5% here and 2% there. it's nothing short of a joke!

Meanwhile AMD have gone from being the poor mans alternative for mediocre performance to what they have now with ryzen/epycin a couple of years. Even starting to see AMD in the data center space again!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  8. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

well when AMD cant touch their current per core performance an extra 4% is a decent bump over and above the so called competition.

9. Hive

Hive Member

Piglet read the charts, intel are being creamed at the top end. Creamed at the mid range. Creamed at the low end / budget. This is what happens when companies give up on innovating because it's expensive. Much cheaper to keep milking the same old cow until it's dead. I've only bought intel for the last 15 years and i'm seriously considering something from AMD.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  10. OJR

OJR Member

In case you haven't sobered up from your ice haze, AMD's IPC is actually higher than Intel's at the moment. Wasn't that you argument last year? Intel and their fabled IPC lead over AMD?

335 GT, thecondor and Hive like this.
  11. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

sure if you want to cherry pick charts I can do that as well the simple fact is intel in may areas is still far and above the better choice and for most people who actually need a 16+ core CPU price inst usually the top consideration.

im new here I ahve not had an argument her last year about this maybe its you that is in an ICE haze

12. Hive

Hive Member

I knew it. After years of hitting the glass you've finally split into multiple personalities.

It's not cherry picked. Go to any CPU comparison website, press some buttons and see for yourself. If i'm wrong can you please show me?

13. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

core for core intel are better and gaming intel are better and for many workloads intel are better should I post gaming charts to illustrate this? OR sales charts to show that intel is still selling in much larger volume than AMD -- showing price isnt the only consideration.

14. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Just a gentle reminder - this is an English speaking forum

15. OJR

OJR Member

Looks like you have not sobered up from your ice haze. Can you please correct that sentence? It makes 0 sense.

At least make an effort to spell. If you're going to try to hide your identity, don't spell like a CJ.

thecondor and Hive like this.
  16. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

what dont you understand -- Intel are out selling AMD chips for 9:1
    intel core for core are generally faster
    and in many specific workloads are much faster

people are still buying them clearly despite AMD "apparently" being better ( which they clearly are not )

17. OJR

OJR Member

Except that entire paragraph is incorrect. I guess the news doesn't quite get to rural QLD.

Hive likes this.
  18. WhtPwrRanger

WhtPwrRanger New Member

except it is all true so news get out here just fine

19. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

Yes.
    Source? Sounds like you're pulling numbers out of your ass.
    Show some evidence to back it up then. Some "newbro" just popping up throwing random information that's been proven wrong by many reviewers doesn't exactly fly well. I was going to leave this alone, but you come across way too much like CJ, and surely there isn't two people in the world like him. He was a special snowflake.

20. OJR

OJR Member

It's because he is CJ.

Hive and d1ng0d4n like this.