Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Azzan, Dec 30, 2019.
any idea when the shops will get i5 10600K ?
Picked up a budget orientated (as far as the upper end options go) board to test. At $400 this is the entry board in Gigabyte's Aorus lineup. They scale all the way up to $2100+ from here. Obviously no 10900k available locally so will make do with a 10700k for now.
Hopefully I can find a decent psu somewhere and get a test bench setup soon.
I just ordered one from uk over clockers.
They just got them in ( Had email 5 minutes ago)
Delivery in less than a week
It's a nice chip and the MOBO is nice too.
Bought my MSI ACE from there too.
Good tracking with them .
UK overclockers just sent me an email saying they had Apex in stock.
Just ordered one
£432 includes delivery ...what ever that is in real money .
Good to see you got a man's board. Pounds are roughly double, so you're paying about $850AUD.
That seems about the price for them .
$790.52AUD as of right now to be exact.
If you can get the bastards
No luck last time and that's why I ordered an MSI .
Good luck finding a 10900k as well.
They've never scaled a single ringbus beyond 10c AFAIK. They moved to mesh. If they move to mesh, they'll take a gaming hit like SKL-X
back ported Cove uarch is rumored to go to 8 core
Thanks mate, I appreciate the help!
Okay...so a few questions if i may re cpu overclocking (Please halp, I've only ever really softclocked CPUs before and would appreciate anyones advice!):
- I have 6 intake fans in my case. This includes the 3 on my Corsair H150i Pro 360 AIO. Is this bad? I changed them from the default exhaust set up that the manual stipulated.
- Went into the bios and changed the clocks to 5.1Ghz..ive been running the CPU stress function in CPU for about 10 minutes and it has generated what you can see in the picture- does that seem reasonable?
- I also changed CPU Core Voltage to 1.370 as I got a number of freezes at desktop when running the stress test.
- Considering the temps at 5.1 is this reasonable (obviously accounting for factors out of my control like silicon lottery etc)? I haven't tried to go higher at this stage- I tried softclocking in the dragon center software which pushed it to 5.3ghz but it seemed to be running between 90-100deg (unsure of what the CPU Core voltage was)
- In terms of a cooling solution, I've seen a few reviews that the NZXT Kraken Z73 runs a better pump and might get me a few degrees lower, what is everyones thoughts changing cpu cooler to that (Plus i get a fancy little screen on it
Thanks in advance everyone. Hopefully at some point i'll have the overclocking knowledge base of Spit, Partha and the others on here!
Other PC specs if they help with any of my questions incurred by my noobness at overclocking properly:
- MSI Z490 GODLIKE mobo
- 32GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 4000mhz
- Corsair H1000i PSU
- Corsair H150i pro
- EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
- Case: Lian Li Dynamic XL
Headin, scum or Shane people you should ask.
Dark snipa and danyboi as well.
A few others I may have missed.
Glad it was not 1.7 Vcore
yes sorry i meant to say 1.37. typo!
Never worry about stress testing. Not done it in a long time
Okay Shane. Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it.
Full details in thtis article https://www.anandtech.com/show/15785/the-intel-comet-lake-review-skylake-we-go-again/4
tullyscurry please see this video tutorial here for overclocking on MSI mobo for Z490 from one of the best
Thanks partha. Overlooked that one because I thought it was just about ram overclocking. Was a great resource thank you!
Sigh that video is long Had my attention for x2 minutes at most.
This will save you alot of time. Search Glenns post on overclocking. He is a whizz on memory tuning. glnn_23
Will be interesting seeing what you get up to.