1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

1200w PSU + P67 Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by CallOfBooty, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3Tone

3Tone (Banned or Deleted)

The Extreme range of Intel boards have always been top notch and overclocked very well. It has nothing to do with the board or the power supply. It's user error plain and simple. It's just that its easier to blame the components or a combination of. Makes the user feel better about the fail.

2. OP
    OP
    CallOfBooty

CallOfBooty (Banned or Deleted)

LOL your the wanker, on an overclockers forum with 1 570, povo.

3. pele93

pele93 Member

woh!
    Overclocking isn't about having as much top of the line gear as possible!
    Overclocking is about bang for buck, squeezing the most performance out of your computer for your budget!
    Not everyone on here owns 6 30" dells, a 980x and 3x580's....
    You really are a wanker:thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    CallOfBooty

lol you think Hytec is no name? they just brought out a 850 80 plus SLi rated PSU for nearly $300, lol Fan Boy, if it isnt Antec or Corsair it doesnt exist.

A Power supply is grounded you dumb shit. Your even more dumb if you think a static wristband draws more from your body than a grounded PSU.

You are either really really dumb or havent been reading my post, WE TRIED TWO DIFFERENT PSUs ONE ANTEC 1200 AND A GIGABYTE ODIN PRO 1200, THEY BOTH DIDNT WORK ON MINE BUT DID ON OTHER MOBOS, AND WE FOUND THAT ANY MOBO 1000W AND UNDER DID WORK ON MINE.

Please no more moronic replys, this was just meant to be a heads up to people with my mobo fitting a 1200w psu to be careful. Half of the posts on here are so off its not funny.

By the way, the Hytec Forte 1000 I have is awesome, been going 2 days straight now with 4 3Dmark11 tests. Everything maxed. I realise its most likely hitting its peak, but its handling it which is the main thing, I may upgrade to something better soon just for 24/7 stability. If I had 1 580 though this thing would last ages given its performance with 2 580's.

Maybe the first decent fucking reply on this thread, well done.

But intel have done pretty well. maybe the first windows overclocking utility that is actually better than bios. And works just as good too. Check out the reviews. Its done well. I can get the 2600k really high and everything else really stable, and if I do go too far, the resetting process is really easy and helpful, back to bios button, reset power on off and fault code led all on the mobo its self. You cant really go wrong Oc this mobo. I either just have a dud one that cant handle 1200w of power or Intel havent done the appropriate tests as PSU's are supposed to be universal.

I will give you my system express posted tonight if you can tell me what I could of possibly done wrong connecting a freakin psu ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  5. Clubby

Clubby Member

Something I have noticed is that there is no mention of what type/brand ect psu you were using. I know you said you have tried all these different psu's out and some posted and others didnt. But that could have simply been coincidence.

On a side note, if you dont want advice, dont ask the questions.

6. Garido

Garido Member

I hope you find a genuine solution to your problem but I can see why people believe you are the fault rather than the components itself.

Just a heads up, overclocking isn't budget specific. Coming to an overclockers forum doesn't mean you need to latest and greatest. All overclockers are welcomed here, especially those getting the most out of budget hardware :)

7. OP
    OP
    CallOfBooty

All overclockers are welcome here, jeez I must of missed amongst all the names and crap happening here when I started off just giving a heads up.

8. Arbite

Arbite Member

That's why we overclock. Why by a 6970 when you can get a 6950 and unlock it, why get a phenom 965 when you can grab a 945 and up the core clock. Yeah having all the best gear is cool, but not everyone uses/can afford it.

You might want to stop posting then.

9. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

CallOfBooty: tone it down and pull your head in. If you continue like this you will (a) get no useful replies, and (b) get banned. These are likely to happen repeatedly.

For reference, the rated power of a PSU has nothing to do with how much it actually outputs. The relevant equation is P = V²R, where P is power, V is the voltage drop (ie 12V, 5V, and 3.3V for the different rails), and R is the resistance. If you actually put 1000W into a standard mainboard, it would either be glowing red-hot (if it could spread the heat fast enough) or various chips would be exploding. As has been said above, it's more likely to be an incompatibility between the board and certain PSUs; it's possible that all the ones you've tested are in fact identical inside since most companies don't actually build their own PSUs. For example, many Antec and Corsair PSUs are built by Seasonic.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  10. A_C

A_C Member

One of those SHAW psus from MSY could of done this :Pirate:

11. Wombycat

Wombycat Member

I think you missed the point of having a sig with system info on these forums. Its there so when people are trying to help you troubleshoot a problem they can see what you hardware setup is and see if any bells go off. Its not for grandstanding, thinking so is naive not to mention actually posting something as ridiculous as the above comment.

As for the original intention of your first post, thanks for the heads up. Though my personal experience with hardware tells me something else is the issue here, which some people stated before you flew off the rails. Some of the most knowledgeable people i have ever come across on these forums offered there opinions and you chose to flame them. Poor form dude

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  12. Reanimated35

Reanimated35 Member

after reading through this, I'm not taking any sides, poor form on OP for going off, poor form on the rest for responding to that. What I don't get though is how this thread is still open?

13. OP
    OP
    CallOfBooty

its been closed for days as far as im concerned, for the 10th freakn time it was just a heads up, not my trial.

just keep dropping back to throw stuff back at people throwing stuff at me first.

14. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

why people are doing that is because the wattage is irrelevant.
    even older platforms (x58) had been known to not work with certain power supplies, its not the wattage that matters.

if it truly was the case as your heads up puts it, then several people running the same platform wouldn't come into this thread and contradict your claims.

slatye said it best, leave it at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.