1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

~$1600 DSLR Shootout

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by jozzas, Nov 26, 2006.

1. OP
    OP
    jozzas

jozzas Member

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Better in terms of build/handling? image quality?
    What are the noise levels like at ISO1600? Compared to a 400D or 30D? Care to post up a full sized image somewhere so we can have a good look?

I had a better go of the 400D and 30D today, and I have to say that the 30D felt and handled like it was worth far more than the 400. I think that's a statement against the 400D rather than for the 30D.

I can get a 30D from overseas on my budget so I doubt I'll bother with a 400D. I know I will be spending most of my money on lenses but I seriously think I would regret buying that body when my alternatives are the K10D and 30D.

The Sony is out because of high noise levels for me - I plan on doing a bit of low light stuff and it doesn't seem up to scratch compared to the others.

ATM it is a toss up between the D30 and K10D, but I won't decide until I've had a good play with the K10D.

2. Gumball

Gumball Member

Its noisier than the 30D BUT unless you are using IS ($$$) lenses the K10D will perform better in low light due to the SR.

400D has a great sensor but thats its only saving grace - no top LCD and only one dial...

Image quality is great but then again so do all DSLR's.

30D is a great camera though so just see which one you prefer to hold.