2013 Australian Snow Season

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by nordica-k2, Jan 2, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    nordica-k2

nordica-k2 (Banned or Deleted)

helllll yes!!!!!!!

I have no leave or money from this years trip, but I'm oh-so tempted to rough it out for a few days down there in August.. 14th is a public holiday so may head down for a tad, will have to see how the season turns out.

2. Renza

Renza Member

3. jjo

jjo Member

Thread bump, heading down this year for a week with some mates for a week at Perisher. Word out there is that the season is off to a patchy start and the snowcams are showing some bare ground in places although front valley seems well covered obviously. Lotta lifts closed according to the perisher app.

Hopefully they get a few snow dumps by the time i show up in a few weeks. :Paranoid:

4. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Surely this is one of the worst starts to the snow season.
    Its barely rained in Melbourne, and seems that trend will continue.

Shame since I missed the last two years with a knee reco, thought I'd have a crack this year, but 8 cm of snow is pointless.

Its simply not raining :S

5. PrawnBoy

PrawnBoy Member

Working at Baw ATM. Not bad, like 10cm of cover on man made and expecting more. Guns are on and should be 10-15cm tomorrow. Hopefully enough to get a terrain park up for the weekend... Im hoping to get in the park today..

6. PrawnBoy

PrawnBoy Member

Yep cover sitting around 14cm.

Summit is open about 1/2 way up and same with Hut run.

Hut run could easily be opened, hiked it and went for a few runs and cut across to summit. Twas good fun.

Baw baw always gives a good chill time :leet:

7. dr1fta

dr1fta Member

rode Buller on Saturday

Wombat and Little Buller Spur were the best runs of the day, summit was patchy in places, shaky knees was pretty good for the beginners as there was less traffic and cover was really good

I wouldnt bother going up again until it snows now though, at about 3pm the entrance to LBS was getting down to the dirt below!!

Was good to start working on riding switch and little terrain jumps!

8. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Not really missing it this year... Although I probably would be if it was super-fun-happy-times 2m base, fresh snow each day etc...

Rain last night would have made a mess of everything the fell in the storm the week before.

9. carab

carab Member

Snow has picked up this weekend and more on the way which is promising. I was at Buller 2 weekends ago and it was decent enough to be on shakey knees and wombat, foggy as though!

Can anyone recommend a falls creek lodge or how they do their accommodation? Never been and really keen to go.

10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

The dump over the weekend was a welcome sight for a sorry looking Perisher.
    Base it still pretty thin all over, but the latest falls have helped soften what trails were open and have also helped open up more of the mountain.