23andme and what now

Discussion in 'Science' started by mibberz, Mar 18, 2018.

1. mibberz

mibberz Member

i spent some money and it turns out i am white enough to have white privilege but have only enough African DNA to say NIG, not not GER or have a sense of rhythm,

but what can i do with my file?

oh i also have a Neanderthal trait that means i have less back hair, someone should tell the forest on my back this.

2. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

So what does this entail? I've been thinking of giving it a go, but not sure how to justify the cost.

3. OP
    OP
    mibberz

mibberz Member

ok i did a bit of extra research
    apart from learning only a bit of stuff on 23andme that i already knew.

but the data file, i uploaded it to https://promethease.com/ and found out i need to eat alot less sugar and less bad fats and probably run a bit more. it told me that because of a gene i have i am 99% to have a version of blue eyes, with only one person recorded on 23andme saying they have brown eyes and this gene.

if money is a issue dont do it, if you are going to do it keep a eye out for when they do 20% off for days like st patricks day and stuff, and i think it is a good tacky gift for a relative who you have no idea what to buy for them (ie me, people just give me cash now or food)

also keep in mind this isnt sequencing
    https://customercare.23andme.com/hc...difference-between-genotyping-and-sequencing-

might be a good gift for the whole family or to find out why your kid has red hair

4. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Don't you sign away the rights to your genes and further genetic testing? Also, if we suddenly get a tyrannical international government, all your DNA will already be on file?

5. OP
    OP
    mibberz

mibberz Member

oh... if thats your worry good for you, and then what... i thought you would be to worried about falling off your flat earth?

alexb618 likes this.
  6. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

Bought one of these kits and never mailed it in (you relinquish control of your sequencing when you grant permission to test).

You should check out http://geneticgenie.org/

Kommandant33 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    mibberz

mibberz Member

and what can you do with your sequencing, which i had genotyping not sequencing...... big difference, so maybe your on the flat earth as well ?

8. shredder

shredder Member

Could you do it under a false name?

9. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

10. OP
    OP
    mibberz

mibberz Member

do you want to look like him?

11. antipody

antipody Member

If you have your 23 and me results check out foundmyfitness.com for some very interesting nutrigenomics and other analyses.