27 inch Desk mount

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by colinskies, May 24, 2011.

1. colinskies

colinskies Member

Hey guys, i have been looking around for a 27 inch desk mount.

NEEDS:
    Hold 7+ kgs
    Have an arm that lets me move the monitor forwards etc.
    Mounts to a desk.
    DUAL 27 inch stand (i have not even found 1 of these! Link if you can find one please :D) Not necessary but would like to have a look :D

Only one i have found, but does not support the weight
    linky

Can anyone point me in the right direction of stores to be looking or link me to some decent products that wont sag :D

Cheers
    Colin

2. AMD2400

AMD2400 Member

Aye man, I did a review on one of those Selby Acoustics stands here:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=936746

The one you linked probally wont hold alot of weight, but that design allows you to articulate the things the arms top of each other (Don't know if thats a requirement of yours). The one i reviewed doesent do that, but will support a good 6-9kgs safely when fully extended (albeit with sag)

If you're on the cheap, just get two stands and adjust them if they do start to sag. Finding a good dual mount for cheap that can do 27's on one pole probably doesent exist :lol:.

If money is no object, have a look @ these:
    From Ergotron:
    http://www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/FID/101/language/en-US/default.aspx

From Atdec:
    http://www.atdec.com.au/content_common/pc-desk-mounting-solutions.seo

gl.

3. Dan N

Dan N Member

4. Dan N

Dan N Member

5. OP
    OP
    colinskies

colinskies Member

Hey mate, i read the review that you wrote and it was a good read :D Most brackets i've seen are for maximum 24 inch screens =(. My monitor will weight 7.2 kgs. I'm looking at getting a single bracket first, then adding another one on later. As you said, i don't think there is so such thing as dual 27'' stands..

Would you be able to recommend a single 27 inch stand with a clamp, that will be adjustable forwards and back etc. One that is <$100 i hope, i looked at your other links too, but they are way out of my budget!

Thanks mate, but i will never have enough room for 3 monitors :eek:

Cheers
    Colin

6. thrillhouse

thrillhouse Member

Jaycar have a stand. I might buy one to test out. I have a 27in viewsonic screen, however it is a 100x200 vesa mount hole pattern. I figure I can just make my own adapter plateto suit the 100x100 pattern that the arm has.

7. AMD2400

AMD2400 Member

I have this other one, it isnt exactly the one i reviewed, but it really the same thing just better. Definately recommend it for the price :thumbup::

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Multi-LC...uters_Monitor_Accessories&hash=item3a664012a7

Diff is the pole is smaller in diameter, the cables go around the outside, and the tilt adjustment is better.

Seems like these mounts are doing the rounds, looks exactly the same as the one i linked above. I'd rather spend the extra ~$5 and get it locally.

On the adapter plate, ebay quickly gave me this:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VESA-100...344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c153c18d8

But i guess making your own is probally just as simple anyways :lol:

8. OP
    OP
    colinskies

colinskies Member

exactly what i was looking for!!! Might go in and have a look at it... Can you confirm if the arm is movable front and back and to the sides (like you can extend and swing it) :D

Cheers
    Colin

9. AMD2400

AMD2400 Member

Yea you can move it forward and back, and swing it. But go and have a look yourself.
    You just wont be able to move the monitor close to the pole as possible, so you are going to have to offset the stand on your desk.

10. OP
    OP
    colinskies

colinskies Member

thanks mate will drop in this week some time :D
    Thanks for everyones help :D

11. Grizz_li

Grizz_li Member

That looks great.
    Think I might get 2 for the 24's :thumbup:

Edit: Actually just ordered 2 of the stands.
    Will post pics and maybe a review once I have them installed.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  12. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

13. b00n

b00n Member

14. The King

The King Member

Sorry for the bump guys, but I've been searching for something along these lines for ages...

HumanScale M8 is easily the best option I've found... Even better, Schiavello (the office fitout guys) have them, and they're ~$350 per unit!

15. AMD2400

AMD2400 Member

That is a nice desk mount arm. Price is definitely on the high side though . Probally something i'd get tho if i got a better desk :thumbup:

Since writing that review on that selby acoustics stand, i've upgraded to a 30 inch Dell. The 3007wfp weighs at least 11kg and the stand seems to have no trouble coping, even though it was over the specified a 10kg limit.

The only trouble i am having with it is the tilting motion, but i might be modding it soon with a spring to fix that.

16. The King

The King Member

For something to support the weight of an Imac27, and considering how nice it looks, I thought that was bloody good value.