3 randoms from my OMD 12-40mm

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by cyrax83, Dec 13, 2014.

1. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Bashar

Bashar Member

I like the breakfast shot - well exposed and presented, and looks delicious.

I find the xmas tree shot a bit dull though. I think it needs better composition, and the top is chopped off and too dark overall.

The watch shot is pretty good. I like the depth of field and the nice clean sharp watch face. But I can see your reflection in it and the highlights makes it harder to make out the details.

Good effort for your first camera!

3. OP
    OP
    cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Thanks, I agree with the reflection on the watch being a bit distracting! The tree was a quick snap so didn't compose that well

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Not bad, I do like the Christmas tree shot. I have a similar wall effect going on with my tree, only with all white led lights.

5. Zee

Zee Member

You'll learn to pay attention to reflections and your own shadow very quickly. Also, not sure how you are shooting, but I suggest going full manual, may as well get it figured out when you're still getting the hang of composition/camera etc. Steeper learning curve, but better long term.

Z....

6. perz

perz Member

Wouldn't they be better off sticking to say aperture priority and learning composition first?

Then later on they can go full manual to really capture what they want but in the mean time, I still reckon sticking to aperture mode or shutter mode is the better way to learn.