1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

REVIEW 30" First F301GD Live (updated with calibration)

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Fortigurn, Jan 25, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

It's certainly not bad for the price, which is less than half what the Dell costs.

2. OP
    OP
    Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I think I will try the 30" Crossover 30X Black Tune IPS LED next. It has an extended color gamut with 99.5% of sRGB, 107% of NTSC, and 98% of AdobeRGB. There's a very detailed review here. It's in Korean, but Chrome translates it pretty well.

3. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Just ordered one of these thanks to this review :thumbup: lets see how it goes.

4. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

5. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Must say this is a fantastic display for the money. Got it for $415 including post, delivered in 5 days. Sharpness and colours are great, no complaints, great workstation display. Zero dead pixels.

6. OP
    OP
    Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I've been delighted with mine, glad it's working for you too. Pretty incredible price for a solidly performing monitor.

7. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

My dad fell in love with mine and just found and ordered one for $407 :thumbup:

8. auApex

auApex Member

If these could OC to 120hz I would buy one in a heartbeat. I moved down from a Dell 30" to a 27" 1440p panel to get 120hz and do miss the extra size of the bigger panel. Without 120hz, this is still a great panel for someone who doesn't need to colour accuracy of a Dell. $450 for 30" 1600p is amazing value.

9. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

How are you finding gaming on this screen? I'm really tempted by the price despite my fixation with the 34" LG in the other thread. It would mean I could afford a pair of these and a decent arm to mount them on.

10. OP
    OP
    Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I love gaming on this monitor. I've spent hours playing Dishonored and Far Cry 3 on it, and they look fantastic. I'm used to a refresh rate of only 70Hz from my 24" monitor, so my expectations in that regard are low, but the colours are great and playing at this resolution is a real treat.

11. OP
    OP
    Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Six years later, mine is still going strong. Never missed a beat, not a single dead pixel. Also managed to clock it up to 75Hz. Pretty impressive.

12. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Wow talk about a gravedig lol. My power supply died unfortunately. Trying to find a replacement is tough since it's 24v, but i'll make something work.

13. OP
    OP
    Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

The first thing I did when I bought mine was replace the power supply with a reliable local product. It hasn't missed a beat. It was easy to find a 24V supply, but harder to find one with a sufficiently high amperage.