1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Printer General Chat

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by Spanos, May 26, 2021.

1. Davesims

Davesims Member

Thanks heaps for that, I will keep an eye open for a V
    Hey Defyant

Thanks for the response, i think i will keep an eye out for a V2 or a B1 and mod it, I seen a couple of pics of your V2 and looks awesome

Defyant likes this.
  2. Elmf

Elmf Member

How worth it are Noctua upgrades for Extruders on say a Cr6-s
    SE? It's already dual fan. Are we talking less noise plus higher quality prints or just less noise

3. Defyant

Defyant Member

less air output lower noise and you need a buck converter for 12v

4. Elmf

Elmf Member

Yeah cbf then

Defyant likes this.
  5. mtma

mtma Member

This dreary warm and humid weather has been pretty crap for printing lately, dry out my filament (PLA) and do a print and it goes fine, BOOM next arvo filament is moist again.

Defyant likes this.
  6. Defyant

Defyant Member

Snap crackle and pop!

7. Elmf

Elmf Member

Defyant ever had to get a stuck thermistor out of a cr6 heater block? Tips?

8. Elmf

Elmf Member

Woot think it's fixed now.

Hard to get time nowadays, but I took it apart, pried off all the PLA with some long nosed pliers (was safer than melting due to all the surrounding parts) managed to get the old thermistor out after lighting it up with a lighter and picking at it with a flathead screwdriver and threw the new one in. That seemed to be all that was damaged lucky enough! Doing a test run now but looking great so far. I feel like my fans somehow got louder though, lol.

Defyant likes this.
  9. Defyant

Defyant Member

The cr6's are pretty good fan wise , the tiny 30mm fans don't crap out as much as the 40's... which i think are overkill nowadays thanks to better heat break tech :)

My goto is still the hot air gun with the mini hole attachment :)

Elmf likes this.
  10. scips

scips Member

Kobra arrival.

Thoughts so far: Build quality seems a lot nicer than the E3Max I had, comes with the cutest little pair of side cutters ever, interface is nice and clean, fans are a fair bit louder than the E5pro/E3max.

IMG_20220517_180901.jpg

Defyant likes this.
  11. Revenger

Revenger Member

Anyone know any mini air purifiers designed for 3d printers to deal with abs vocs etc?

12. greencamel65

greencamel65 Member

13. Revenger

Revenger Member

Will have to look into that.
    Was thinking if there's a small ready made purifier that can sit next to the printer in the enclosure.
    There's some on Amazon but $200+

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  14. Defyant

Defyant Member

You can see the Vyper heritage in it for sure, Anycubic make some really nice gear now. They add some nice bits of plastic to jazz em up. The hot end does my head in tho.... it's big.

15. scips

scips Member

Test print (owl) came out fine, second print of 2x little vesa adapter mounts.....failed after about an hour with a hot bed abnormal error :upset:

Was super sad for about 15minutes, took off the bottom panel and checked it out. Black wire for the hotbed just pulled out of the phoenix plug completely, tightened it up good and a 7hr print went completely perfectly so back to happy printer life.

Elmf and Defyant like this.
  16. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

The voron is printing! QGL is magic, just tuned the nozzle offset once, made sure the machine could hit the target gantry tolerances and it just went off and did a perfect first layer off the bat. Just so used to dicking around for a little bit to get that first layer going.

Unfortunately forgot how much of a clogging and stringing beast this dragon high flow hotend is, so the benchy print conked out some ways through. Going to look at other hotend options, the kit did come with a standard v6 clone but that is a bit boring.

[​IMG]

Time to start lining up the mods - ADXL345 for input shaping arrived, waiting on magnets to come for the klicky probe mod, printed purge bucket/nozzle wipe mod, printing some extrusion attachments for lighting and got some 6020 fans to arrive to replace the electronics bay ones.

uLa32 and garfield2k like this.
  17. m3k

m3k Member

need to open your doors and such to get your heatcreep under control on pla with a voron, the moment the cold side hits 45c its cactus voron isnt really a pla bot for that reason

18. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Had a massive failure on the Prusa today :(

Printing a thing with a large flat base area for a mate and part of the base lifted up and caught the hot end. Massive blob on the hot end. Heater block covered. Going to have to work out how to clean it up.

Elmf likes this.
  19. Elmf

Elmf Member

I just went through this.

The best way I found was getting long nose pliers and putting inwards pressure on the dried filament (PLA+ for me) it smashed off clean. Nothing else I tried worked. Heat gun will melt wires around it etc...

20. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

If you heat up the hotend you should be able to pull off most of the blob.

After that I normally take the hotend off and heat it up over the stove (Gas) and hit it with a wire brush.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Elmf likes this.