3D Printing Requests

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by aXLe, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Yoodaa

Yoodaa Member

Got it. Do I export in mm, and ASCI or Binary file format?

Thanks!

2. thedealer

thedealer Member

mm and ASCI should be fine

3. Yoodaa

Yoodaa Member

4. pinchies

pinchies Member

I can do it in ABS or PETG, but for Nylon both the material is more expensive, the print is more fiddly, and most printers are not compatible with it either due to the higher printing temperatures. I can do it with a high infill and you can see how it goes. If it breaks we can perhaps look at nylon or reprinting it with a abs + carbon fibre infill instead. I'll send you a quote.

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I'd like a quote on having this made, if anyone is interested, since I can't seem to find what used to be common locally.
    Its a 120mm to 140mm fan adapter, basically I want to mount a 140mm fan on a 120mm AIO.

I can do without the funky blue, just plain black would be awesome.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2526082

6. nibennett

nibennett Member

I could do it in Black PLA for $20 posted $25 for Black PETG posted.
    $8.30 postage
    $1.75 BX1 Box
    $9.95 for the print

Discussion re temps to which material in post below.

If there is someone on here local to you that can do it pickup you'd save half the cost.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  7. MortarArt

MortarArt Member

I'm assuming you'd be printing in PLA at that price? That's not really a good idea for inside a PC case.

8. nibennett

nibennett Member

Yeah for that price would be PLA, Depends on where in the case it is and his temps. Above 45-50 for temp near it I'd recommend PETG Which would be $25 total.
    My case for example though runs much cooler and PLA would be fine in unless it was near the CPU / VRM around that socket.

My corsair H100i actually runs cool to touch, even with the CPU (i7 5820k running 24hrs a day doing video recoding for a few days. (its not overclocked though pumping masses more heat in)

PLA glass transition temp is 60-65C so goes softer a bit before that.
    PETG glass transition temp is 88C.
    I can print ABS as well (105C glass transition temp) but not for a few weeks till my new enclosure is up and running.
    (In between old enclosure and new one currently due to needing to rework things for the Prusa MMU2 and its 5 filament rolls.)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  9. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Thanks guys :thumbup: I'm going to try and find, or foll my own, another design. That one is pretty chunky. Let me mull it over for a bit, and see what options present. The design of that one is not ideal either so perhaps rolling my own might be an option. I only need a .stl file right?

Temp wise, there is no way the case or any of its contents will ever be hotter than 50°. If there is, I'll have done it wrong and will do it again :lol:
    I have no preference for materials, whichever is the most suited I guess. So long as it isn't hot pink either.. just basic black would be good. It would need at least a little strength of course, as the AIO hoses will be pivoting on it. Depending on how well that pans out there could be very little or quite a bit of stress on the adapter, depending on how twisted the hoses need to be.

In my required version, I need to be able to mount the 120mm end of the adapter to the rad, then through the adapter to a 140mm fan, on the case side, to the case from the inside (requiring clearance past the rad). This adapter looks like it would do it, but I think I can do better.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  10. nibennett

nibennett Member

Your welcome.

Sure. Yep, a .stl file is what we put into our slicer software to generate the gcode to print from, find out print time and filament usage etc.

I use fusion 360 (free for personal use) for my 3D modelling software if you decide to try creating your own and don’t have a current 3D modelling software you use.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  11. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Can anyone bang a 120mm fan adaptor for a Cryorig C7, happy to pay for your time and material cost, would pref dandenong but post is fine. The STL is attached

Attached Files:

12. dmandn

dmandn Member

If anyone in Perth needs something printed, let me know.....my printer started life as a CR-10 so prints up to 300mm x 300mm x ~400mm in size can be printed. At present I can take a while to print for still irioning out some kinks, duetwifi is a complete different ball game to the old marlin controller. Currently repairing, seems I may have overdriven and stretched the belts XD.

....BTW, currently printing with PETG and PLA. Anyone have any ideas for a cheap enclosure that I could setup with fume extraction or a hepa filter or something. Don't want to print ABS in an open room.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  13. rodrocket63

rodrocket63 Member

Greeting all

I am looking for some flush mount 50 amp Anderson plug covers, it anybody doing these in Melbourne

If so I would like a couple in white

14. MortarArt

MortarArt Member

Hey rodrocket63. I'm in Windsor, inner Melbourne, and can print anything you have a file for, or CAD anything you don't. Have you looked for them on Thingiverse, or another part library?

15. rodrocket63

rodrocket63 Member

I am happy to go in search of the file, I had a quick look on Thingiverse but didn't see it there, where else would you suggest I look

16. MortarArt

MortarArt Member

If this is the sort of component you might normally be able to get from a place like RS Components, webshops like that sometimes have technical drawings. At the moment, I honestly have NFI what you're asking for. So any further information you could provide, might help me suggest how to find it, or CAD model it.

17. rodrocket63

rodrocket63 Member

18. MortarArt

MortarArt Member

Ohh, interesting. Now I definitely see why you're asking to have this printed. But obviously that's a private seller on Ebay. If the internal model isn't very complicated it wouldn't take long for someone with the measurements to knock it up for you.

19. encode

encode Member

pinchies likes this.
  20. rodrocket63

rodrocket63 Member

thanks, thought I was in luck for a moment at $9.30 but the cover you sent a link to is different