1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Printing Requests

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by aXLe, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Thank You.

I discovered that there were Dampeners on the Z axis stepper motors, so i moved the 2 dampeners from the Z axis to the X and Y axis stepper motors and it's so much more quiet haha it's crazy. I wish i got a Decibel reading before and after, but i think i got about a 10DB lowering :O

2. Speewa

Speewa Member

I have just finished putting a BTT SKR1.4 board with 2209 drivers into my CR10s and now the loudest thing is the cooling fan for the control box. Has gone from being able to be hear the steppers from the kitchen to can't hear them sitting at the same desk. Well worth it if it is causing you problems.

grrrr and m3k like this.
  3. m3k

m3k Member

ive got an skr 1.3 running my zortrax m300 and the built in mosfets are powering a full 300x300 bed at full Power.

people dont say good things about the SKR boards but they're pretty skookum- after 100's of hours of printing they've been reliable for me. just remember to crimp the ferrules and or use the skr pro with the screw terminals

running 2209's i think with some weird jumper solder mod with some stray wires doing some mobojobo to get all the uart features... also- its dead quiet- i literally wouldent know its on - after changing all the fans to noctua - which is important for me because if im doing a conference call i dont want people to get distracted by a noisey background - would highly recommend it also

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    grrrr likes this.
  4. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

Any Perth folks can print this for me (hopefully not too far?) need to mount my monitor but I need spacers as it is recessed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4051778/files (the 20 mm ones)

ps. thanks for the print m3k! would ask you but I was kinda hoping I can get this printed this weekend.

5. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I know it's not ideal, but you could try a stack of washers in the short term :)

6. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

true could do that as a temporary solution.

7. m3k

m3k Member

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  8. grrrr

grrrr Member

So yesterday i did my first print where i changed filament (to change colour) by adding a M600 to the gcode. Worked well on my test cubes so i tried again on the real print. I guess I have never tried it before because i print mostly functional stuff rather than cosmetic things...

9. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

How did it go ? :D

any pictures ? :D

10. grrrr

grrrr Member

Yeah good :) ill try for pictures later today - its past my bed time now.

11. mrwellzi

mrwellzi Member

Hey folks, I have a very specific printing request and I am unsure how easy/difficult this might be (as I'm not sure where you'd get the CAD for this).

I recently purchased an electric height-adjustable desk from the forum but the up/down control module was damaged. Yes, I knew this before purchasing.

Anyway, it's a Kogan/Ergolux Desk Frame and the control module looks very much like THIS. Only one part of it is damaged and you can see the pictures HERE.

I certainly wouldn't mind a quote to have a new one printed; should anyone be up to the challenge. If not I'll take a heat gun to it and see if I can mould it properly.

12. Franc

Franc Member

13. m3k

m3k Member

challenge accepted -

please provide:https://i.imgur.com/EbZDx2f.jpg
    along with those values if you could take photos like :

0:35 - 1:08 of this video

i will make an entire enclosure including new buttons

i will charge $38 including postage in bubble wrap and biodegradable packaging ^_^

if it fails and does not meet your expectations - i will only charge $12 for postage and materials.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    pinchies likes this.
  14. mrwellzi

mrwellzi Member

You're an absolute legend! Thank you!!

I know this is probably a hobby for you but I'd be happy to take a $38 gamble for your time and efforts; even if it doesn't work out.
    It just needs to look clean and house the PCB/Cable, but doesn't have to meet the exact specification of the original design.

I can get you the measurements, photos, etc. of the enclosure and PCB/Power in the evening as I'm out for most of the day.

Side note if anyone knows where I can get more sophisticated control modules (with height memory settings, etc.) that'd be awesome!

m3k likes this.