3D Printing Requests

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by aXLe, Jun 16, 2013.

1. fureien

fureien Member

thanks!
    yes i happened to have a 1/4" thread from a plastic camera mount that broke
    However my mounting points are 75x75 vesa.

Can this model be modified to allow for smaller mounting?
    Also this is flat, is there a way to add a rectangular protrutsion and have the 1/4 hole perpendicular at the bottom. Camera threads mount from the bottom if that makes sense

2. Potplanty

Potplanty Member

Unfortunately at this point all I can do is print other things. I'm still learning CAD myself. If anyone can design it for you I can print it though.

3. fureien

fureien Member

darn thanks anyway

does thingiverse allow you to modify someone elses design? i touched cad once in engineering class 15 years ago lol. hopefully its not too hard to add a rectangular block and a cylindrical hole

4. Potplanty

Potplanty Member

Some models have been uploaded in a way you can customise them inside Thingiverse but it's slow and not many models have that option. Easy enough to import the files into a CAD program though and modify them yourself if you know how.

5. fureien

fureien Member

unfortunately i do not.

in any case i whipped up a DIY hackjob with a block of wood, cardboard and drilled some holes while i figure out a cleaner solution :)

6. nibennett

nibennett Member

I use 3d fillies filament quite a lot through my Mk3 + MMU2 and that prints well. I"ve upped the tube between the MMU2 and the extruder to a 2.5 ID / 4 mm OD piece and

[​IMG] (Most of my pla colours) - All but the top glitter ones (Prusament), and the dark yellow (esun) are 3d fillies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  7. m3k

m3k Member

thats smart increasing the ID of the tubes

Im going to move to a Y spliter bowden setup on my next multi material printer- i think MMU is a bit much for me- plus i never print more than two colours anyway

8. m3k

m3k Member

hey by the way- nylon and PETG will be just fine for that 8kg mount- PLA will sag over time- they all should hold the monitor fine though

assuming you made it correctly.

i have experience with more industrial/engineering 3d print applications - though i dont provide warrently for hobby work.

one of the "sketchiest" applications is a personal project, I 3d printed a projector mount that holds a 9kg (inclding wire holder & printed mount) 4k projector over my head during movies and it gets quite hot too- Ive got paracord backup ofcourse incase it fails- but ive been trusting it for over a year now and i think itl out-live me to be honest.

3d printing can be strong but it requires testing and lots design awareness and some over-engineering just incase.

the best part is its better at articulating than store bought projector mount and only cost me half a day designing and half a kilo filament.

9. RaihaX

RaihaX Member

Holy crap that would be one beefy mount!

10. blackied

blackied Member

Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to make a few of these and how much it would probably be: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2914016
    Just tossing up whether it's worth getting made here or just get them via etsy. I've basically got around 225 custom 3mm hex tiles for Terraforming Mars I need to figure out a good way to store.

11. m3k

m3k Member

yea i can print them but my turnover is a bit slow at the moment ive got some other jobs to do first so if you can wait till next monday i can ship them then
    otherwise im sure others can help

i can do them for 18 bux delivered uc an pm me if ud like if u live local- 8 bucks i have black and white filaments ready to go

12. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Wow that's a lot of tiles! What are they exactly?

I've been slowly working my way through this storage solution https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3765661 Has a little holder, but only for the stock set and is designed to be used with the whole kit.

13. Renza

Renza Member

Can do it for $10pp or pickup in Silver depending where you're located

14. blackied

blackied Member

I'm gradually getting together all the components for the TM Gigamap with associated fan expansions.
    21 Oceans
    42 Postludes
    ~35 Moon Tiles
    ~35 Venus Tiles
    28 Industry Tiles
    ~50 Special Tiles
    plus a few others.
    [​IMG]
    20201117_163137.jpg
    Trouble is I'm going to need a fair few of them - it looks like they were designed to just hold the original tiles - 80 x 1.5mm thick or so. Whereas my custom tiles (acrylic cut with stickers) have 99 @ ~3.2mm and ~125 @ ~2.2mm. If my calculations are correct, I'd need approximately 5-6 to hold them all. I can get a pack of 6 via etsy for ~$68 delivered. I'm in 2154 but can pickup around Sydney.

15. Renza

Renza Member

Ah right. I can easily design them to fit your tiles better if you like. Since it's going to be a fair amount, more than happy to let you pick the colour for filament and pick some up

16. Gil80

Gil80 Member

Hi all,

I'd like to know if someone can help.
    I would like to print a couple of pistol grips for my Oculus Quest 2 controllers, a "rifle" grip, and a table tennis grip.

I can supply the .STL. Is it possible to get a quote for each of the three items?

Would like to know prices and shipping to Sydney, or if you're from Sydney then a pick-up if possible.

Happy to discuss via PM if it's OK. Thank you!

17. Potplanty

Potplanty Member

Send me a PM with the STL files (or TV links) and I'll check it out for you.

18. azn2k

azn2k Member

Hi all,

Looking at printing a piece of rangehood ducting that has 2x150mm inlets and a 200mm outlet.

All in and outlets need to run parallel due to spatial constraints. It is being used for a bbq rangehood duct (pic attached) and the total working width and height is in the photo. Just wondering if anyone can provide any input on materials and suitable wall thickness and fill amounts for this application?

Attached Files:

19. Potplanty

Potplanty Member

You want polycarbonate for sure. You won't be able to do that on the average printer though as the required temperature is too high.

20. m3k

m3k Member

i can print Polycarbonate ABS without warping up to 300x300 :D