1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

3DS Gaming

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by Philll, Jan 10, 2011.

1. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Pokemon Black/White is pretty great. I'm a big fan of the whole Professor Layton series of puzzle games on the DS. Golden Sun Dark Dawn is a fantastic DS follow up to a pair of GBA final fantasyesque RPGs, with another on it's way at some point for 3DS. Both zelda games, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are very good. The Advance Wars series particularly Dark Conflict is very good if you fancy a turn based strategy title and there will definitely be a couple 3DS Advance Wars titles.

Sadly the 3DS titles to recommend so far are pretty slim! I like OoT, Street Fighter 4 and Ghost Recon. Haven't played Dead or Alive, Pilot Wings or Steel Diver but friends have said they're good. Resident Evil Mercenaries looks pretty good.
    Big Nintendo titles on the way though with Super Mario, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Luigis Mansion 2 all not too far off. Smash Bros as well probably in time with the Wii U Smash Bros launch but that will be a while.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. Leaf_Killer

Leaf_Killer Member

Thanks for that I'll take a look into them.

I especially can't wait for the first party games like Star Fox and Mario. Loved them on N64. Pretty fond of Advance Wars too, had it on GBA.

3. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I'm still playing through Ocarina of Time, and I tell you what I really miss the days of playing this on the old family 4:3 68cm TV. The screen can get rather squinty at times

I'm really hoping due to the design of the new controller on the Wii U that the system will have 3DS capabilities with 1080P upscaling for 3DS games. Admit it, how awesome would that be?

4. Snatch

Snatch Member

That would be awesome but from what I have read the screen on the Wii U controller is not capable of hd resolutions?

Either way I'm fully expecting many Wii U titles to utilise 3ds connectivity, similar to the gameboy advance on the cube.

5. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

That would be awesome, and they have done playing hand held games on the TV a few times in the past.

6. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

No, the Wii U controller would be the lower half touch screen of the 3DS game, but the top half of the 3DS game would be on the TV in full 1080P HD.

7. Snatch

Snatch Member

haha oh man that's even more epic than I thought :lol:

8. noclip

noclip Member

loving zelda on the 3ds, it's awesome... i hadn't touched my 3ds in ages, but finding i want to play it all the time now having zelda

i wish they'd remake the gamecube zelda, windwaker, i LOVE that game

9. Trizae

Trizae Member

3DS Video Service

for those that don't know check your E-Shop the 3DS video service has been launched two videos so far one is a 3D card trick which goes for about a minute and the next is a 3D cartoon called Oscar. I must say the video quality is ALOT better than I expected and its pretty awesome! if Netflix or the like is released at some point I would definitely purchase 3D movies for viewing on it! enjoy! :thumbup:

10. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

Been having a lot of fun with my 3DS, more than I expected. The 3D effect is actually pretty nice, and Excitebike in 3D is probably the best part :D. I've got two 3DS titles, but I've been spending all my time on Pokemon Black :Paranoid:.

11. bolex17

bolex17 Member

Finished OOT3DS + Master Quest .. Now to just wait for Mario Kart 3DS and the New Mario Bros game. :thumbup:

12. Queenie

Queenie Member

I want majora's mask ds...and all the old 64 games...

jet force gemini...
    donkey kong
    banjo kazooie
    rogue squadron

actually , rogue squadron would be really awesome in 3d.

13. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

OMG Rogue Squadron in 3D :eek::eek:, I'd go mad.

14. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Are the current gen pokemon games worth trying ? I havent played since red/blue/yellow ones on the old gameboys.

Also any of the 3DS games worth grabbing, the only thing that really appealed was sf4 and i have that for ps3 already

15. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

Pokemon black/white is definitely worth it if you haven't played since YBR. So maaaannny new things and pokemon. It's the longest one to date, but if you don't mind waiting Pokemon Gray will be out eventually and it's rumoured to be a 3DS exclusive, or atleast have 3DS features.

16. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Ahh ill definitely wait then, thanks for that :D

Went into game the other day, apart from oot the 3DS range is very poor hopefully star fox is fantastic :D

17. Paul B

Paul B Member

I got a 3DS and some games on Friday night, Street Fighter is amazing and I would almost say it was one of the best games I have ever played.

18. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Just announced a $100 price cut, and also a bonus for early adopters...

Nintendo announces that effective 12 August, Nintendo 3DS will be available for only SRP AU$249.95*. Previously Nintendo 3DS was SRP AU $349.95.

Nintendo Australia plan to offer an exclusive Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program to consumers who have purchased the Nintendo 3DS at the original launch price. The program will enable those Nintendo 3DS owners to download 10 NES games and 10 Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games for free from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before the price drop on 12 August. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

1. Starting 1 September, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES Virtual Console games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=1098&pageID=6

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  19. Boneman

Boneman Member

Virtual Boy mark II :(

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  20. Beaner

Beaner Member

As an early adopter that sounds ok to me.

Re the cut, had to be done really it was way too much.