40k, Fantasy, LOTR - OH MY!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Swarm, Jun 11, 2008.

1. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

Anyone had hands-on time with the new Tyranid and Space Wolves models? What're they like?

2. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

I was messing around with some of the new wolf riders in GW today that the guy was building, they are amazing, tons of detail, AWESOME parts the 2h axe is especially bad ass and look like they are fun to put together.

Only seen a completed hive tryant its pretty sweet as well

3. CapnBloodbeard

CapnBloodbeard Member

Had my first crack at Malifaux last Fri at War Gamers of La Trobe - game's great fun! Was getting absolutely belted around the table, then had a bit of luck and the game went right down to the wire :)

4. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

Oh god somehow I have about 2000 points of blood angels coming in the mail over the next few weeks.

How did this happen, I needed that money for food.

Also GW are launching a new line of glue.

[​IMG]

5. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

New line of glue is the old line of glue in a different bottle :p, they stopped doing the super thin plastic stuff with a needle about 10 or so years ago. Wonder why its back

6. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Member

Because Revell has been stealing their plastic glue ever since they stopped! Needle nose plastic glue ftmfw!

Also gang, I have a whole bunch of IG in the shed (in the process of clearing it out), as well as LotR models. Anybody interested in Chimeras? Is should have two or three at least. Some forgeworld to boot!

7. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Decided to get a 40k army going along side my skaven, more people (aka kids) down at GW play it and so gives me more games when im bored on thurs nights :D

Picked SoB, always wanted an army of them as a kid and could never afford it, but shit i couldn't of picked a more expensive army. All metal, even getting stuff when it RARELY pokes it head out on ebay costs a fortune lol.
    They're kinda underpowered atm, but i think i can make it really hurt with a few tricks like 9 deathcult assassins + Uriah getting 5 power wep attacks each on the charge for 135 points lol

8. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

Uh-oh. Yeah, have fun with that. Ward has a perverse hatred of SoB and Cruddace is a goddamned fool (see Tyranids and IG 5th ed codices). Who wrote the SoB's white dwarf codex? Oh yeah, them. :tongue:

Also, yeah, no models anywhere ever.

9. zdream

zdream Member

I'm keen on your IG stuff!

10. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Picked up a few second hand repentia, immolator and sisters and got myself some new sisters and celestine. Just gotta strip the second hand ones, they aren't terrible but i can do a lot better job. Just really need a whole load of meltaguns and storm bolters to fill squads out.

The list isn't bad in itself, just not a lot of choice.

11. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

MiniWarGaming are doing a kickstarter-style funding thing to start production of their new tabletop game, Dark Potential.

The game looks cool, and they're good guys. Check 'em out and give them your money!

http://www.indiegogo.com/darkpotential

12. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

13. CapnBloodbeard

CapnBloodbeard Member

lol, angry marines, like the shoulder work :)

Any more WIPs?

Having a bad day the other day so I ordered the Warmachine 2 player battle box, for some reason :p

Haven't been able to make it to a club for a while, so I literally have nobody to play with at the moment. Going nuts doing all the filing and cleaning up on the battle box (arrived a few days ago, yay!) - there are a LOT of mould lines, and they tend to be in impossible spots, like half behind things, or in detail areas. Bah!

Ordered 30 new paints off Ebay, and some more files as well. Can't wait!

Going to start looking into how to do some good bases now...

14. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

I've actually been really slack with painting... here's the latest shot.

[​IMG]
    Click to embiggen

Been getting into WarmaHordes atm, playing Everblight. Got 71 points and three casters so far.

I'm going to try my hand at painting some of them, then I'll finish off the Angry Marines squad - my 40k mates have also all gone hard into WarmaHordes, so I can't play with them and that kills the motivation to paint them something fierce.

15. B.thomson

B.thomson Member

I'm looking for some empty paint pots to move some old paints into.

The paints are still good, but the plastic is starting to crack and on some of them the lids no longer seal properly.

Was wondering if anyone knows a good place to get some empty bottles / pots around 20ml suitable for relocating GW or other style paints into.

I've found some place that sell the dropper style in 15ml so worst case is I'll get those, but would prefer a more standard style in 20ml if possible.

Cheers!

16. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

So, 6th ed, then! Anyone had a game yet? My rulebook is in the post.

17. franny

franny Member

Got 6th the day it came out, but have only played one game and witnessed a few more.

there are a few nice things, but I think I will hold my judgement until I have played it a bit longer.

18. rap

rap Member

Really enjoyed it. I'm a GK player from way back when, so naturally during 5th no wanted to play me. I generally tend to go fluff-based as opposed to power gaming lists though, so in this ed people are now a bit more inclined to play me!

My cousins BA actually do pretty well against me now, and Nids are nothing to sneeze at anymore (though they never were in the hands of a good player!).

I really want to try my hand at a Necron force though. Look cool, different play style to my Knights, and they're pretty strong meta-wise as well!

19. CapnBloodbeard

CapnBloodbeard Member

Heh, I bought the manual - too bad I don't have any armies yet :p

20. LuNa7ic

LuNa7ic Member

Sweet. Anyway to, uh... enhance the middle finger on those power fists? :D