1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

4K monitor on Windows 7; how to make it usable?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Esposch, Feb 2, 2017.

1. FuriousPop

FuriousPop Member

For future Reference, anything 4K must be 30' or bigger... the bigger the screen size, the less your eyeballs have to strain to look at something without scaling the screen.

i myself have gone from 24>27>30' size monitors and each time had to adjust. now with 4K putting all that pixel density onto a 27' monitor cos its cheap cheap feels like a bigmac in a small fries container...

note: if your concerned about your "Data" then have a separate machine not connected to the internet for that.

I myself have a separate machine with Win10 on it and simply unplugged from the net - good luck seeing that MS!

2. ysu

ysu Member

Good luck working on that :)

Well, if you only do local spreadsheets & docs you're fine. I need the net to work.

3. FuriousPop

FuriousPop Member

LOLL,

Simple really, all work stuff is on my work laptop (does not contain any personal information/home stuff) and at home i have my spreadsheets + doco's on the unplugged but even still nothing beats a piece of paper with passwords on it stashed away in your house - and then use a key matrix system for the password itself should anyone find it!

4. power

power Member

1080P looks like ass to me now. (my old screen was a 27" 1080P/60Hz panel). 60Hz is enough for me, but 1080P - gross.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  5. FuriousPop

FuriousPop Member

On Another note,

Anyone got any information around that Asus 4K 144HZ 1ms monitor thats apparently in testing phase?

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

dunno but i'd start working 3 jobs and hookering your self out now to pay for the thing when it comes out because it wont be cheap

7. insular

insular Member

It's an Asus 4K 144HZ 1ms monitor thats in testing phase

8. FuriousPop

FuriousPop Member

LOLL,

Already got about $3k saved up for it... I do have 3x Dellu3011's to which at the time i bought on special and already ahd for 3+ years but this Trifire setup is starting to frustrate me so might be looking for a 1x GPU with a 1x 4k monitor...