1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

5.25 to 120mm fan holder?

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by ausghostdog, Mar 7, 2013.

1. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

Hey all,

The water cooling kit I want to get has to be mounted inside the case (H100, yes I know it's not real water cooling using these kits) I'm looking for something that will convert the 3.5 bays on the front of my system to mount 120mm fans on so I can suck more air in to the system to help with the cooling.

All the bay devices I've seen so far have been for SSD's and fan controllers, or ones that have the fan convertion on the front of a full hdd case as in this

Are there any mounts that just take 120mm? After something like the Antec cases have,.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. 3stars

3stars Member

3. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Do you mean the 5.25 bays (rather than 3.5)

I used to use a modified thermaltake bay (reversed and redrilled to allow it to be screwed in)

the other option is this :

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/008/sckb1000_detail.html

4. OP
    OP
    ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

5.25, that would be the issue I'm getting. That scthe looks like the perfect thing.

5. NeuDub

NeuDub Member

I've used both the Scythe Kama bay and the Lian Li BZ-502B Intake Cooling Kit and find I prefer the Lian Li setup. The only real reason being that the Scythe Kama bay can't easily mount radiators behind it as per here and here from this thread. Hope you find the solution you're after. :thumbup:

6. aeon.

aeon. Member

if OP has ever watched LinusTechTips, his own TJ07 build has front 240mm rad after he took the 5.25 covers off an antec 900

he basically got some honeycomb metal and bent it to hold a rad and the fans together, its a pretty good idea...