1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

50% on Prime95 normal for C2D?

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Hamulus, Feb 5, 2007.

1. OP
    OP
    Hamulus

Hamulus Member

Still reckon it HAS to be the Big Typhoon. For price ($60), performance and quiet, it is the clear winner. The others may beat it on one of these points, but always fail on the other two if they do. On my old 3200+ the BT hardly ran its fan at all. I imagine this E4300 might make it run though!:)

2. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

use prime95 v25.1 supports multi-threaded priming out of the box so to speak http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=3459

3. Grover

Grover Member

I've just been running the Orthos program as I was told this "automatically" runs two instances of Prime95 and also hammers the memory at the same time (if you choose BLEND mode).

Is that right ? Does it make any difference which one I use for stability testing of an overclocked system ?

4. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

Doesn't matter orthos is gui wrap for prime95 v24.14 so basically v24.14 vs v25.1 heh

I like v25.1 better as you can resize/tile the window to fit your screenshots whereas orthos can't be resized smaller

i.e.

Load
    [​IMG]

Post Load Idle
    [​IMG]

5. kogi

kogi Member

I getting similar temps on scythe ninja

It's now doing 2.7 @ 62c

6. OP
    OP
    Hamulus

Hamulus Member

OK. Doors and windows open on a very mild night. 5 80mm case fans, with the sides off the case. Ambient temp about 20deg, yet started Orthos and TAT reports back to 55/56deg in only 10 min. Not going higher, but that's a little high for my liking. This is at stock as well! Will see what a mild 50% overclock will give.:lol:

7. OP
    OP
    Hamulus

Hamulus Member

Just upped the FSB to a lazy 275MHz without even a whimper! Actually getting a lower temp than the other day on stock! It's at 55deg ATM, but the room is a bit cooler too.

I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE!!! This is awesome! Won't push it any further as it's not my hardware.

I have finally been seduced by the Dark Side! I have lost the AMD fanboi faith! I must sell all I have to follow the Dark Lord! Big sale at my place tomorrow night guys! Check the For Sale forum.;)

8. skootyloops

skootyloops Member

Oh don't you feel the temptation? 300FSB :p

9. Grover

Grover Member

Mine (E4300) is sitting at 333FSB (3000MHz) right now but on the crappy Intel stock HSF it idles at 45C (TAT) and then skyrockets to 60+ if I try to actually "do anything".
    Think it might need a slight voltage bump too as it seems to spontaneously reboot Windows during an activity, such as encoding video or Tiger Woods 07'.

Need to get a Tuniq Tower 120 if I can find one. Measured it last nite and it will fit inside my Sonata II case if I take out the ducting.

Damn you E4300, my simple E6300 C2D box is turning into an OC project now.
    I couldn't knowingly sit there next to the box knowing that the CPU inside was sitting at 2.2GHz, when I know it could go MUCH higher. That would be a crime against silicon.... right ;)

10. OP
    OP
    Hamulus

Hamulus Member

"Once you start down the Dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny...";)