1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

6950x OC question

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by bondibro, Feb 4, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    bondibro

bondibro Member

can I bump up my 3200mhz mem to 3400 and what is a good guide to follow? Currently I have 64gb corsair vengence lpx

3200 @ xmp profile running smooth.

2. OP
    OP
    bondibro

bondibro Member

So my 6950x died 2 days ago, after 2 months and prior to that my 6850k died in the strix board. I am seriously contemplating pissing off the strix gaming board and getting something else, specifically been looking at the god like carbon.

What does everyone think, is this board better? any features I would be missing out on going away from the strix gaming board?

3. OP
    OP
    bondibro

bondibro Member

new processor in with the same ol board. Took the board to asus and they tested and said its absolutely fine so we'll see.

4. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

There was a board that ran ia/io voltages too high, this could kill a cpu, maybe someone else can share more details on this.

:thumbup:

5. g.l

g.l Member

My first X99 Deluxe smoked a 5960x whilst using the auto o/c feature.

Seems those early boards used to have voltage spikes to 2v or more for no apparent reason.

I remember the rumblings about boards smoking cpu's but not the specific models.