8700K 9700K batches & 5Ghz testing

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by shane41, Nov 29, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    shane41

shane41 Member

Good processor good board :thumbup: ... while the rest of us not so good boards. Mine was 5Ghz 1.28V Cinebench hope that improves next week

2. warcraft

warcraft Member

Time will tell , my hero should rock up mid next week , it does looks like the better boards help with stability making it easier to run with lower voltage .

3. OP
    OP
    shane41

shane41 Member

We will be as brothers then. With only the mighty Asus delivering the motherboards of worth this time. :D

warcraft likes this.
  4. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

my batch is L729C249 - delidded [and stress tested] by headin and is middle of the range in terms of OC ability

5 ghz / default uncore @ 1.34 fully stable now for over a month of gaming/editing etc

5. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-coffee-lake-mobile-i9,35994.html

a whole slew of model numbers for intel chips.
    it seems legit. possibly.

6. toto7677

toto7677 Member

Finally got it stable using power saving option over running 5ghz and 1.32v vcore 24/7. I prefer if it to underclock whilst idling rather than staying locked at the higher volts etc.

Surprisingly these scores where higher than when it was locked, when I re-ran the tests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These where at 5ghz/4.5 uncore, corsair vengeance 3200 xmp C16, Aorus Gaming 7 MB and Max Volts where 1.332 according to HWinfo. Chip is delidded with conductonaut and kryonaut with a h105i AIO.

7. OP
    OP
    shane41

shane41 Member

For batch testing " score is not important " we all try for basic settings & to see how low the Volts can go. Best way to compare
    edit Ah yes your R15 volts there are like my processor :thumbup: One of the better ones, good job

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  8. mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Prime95 small FFT should be the indicator of stability. Haven't found anything as reliable in terms of stress testing.

9. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

So I decided to buy an Asrock Taichi to replace the MSI Gaming 5. Will be interesting to see if it helps with my current CPU.

Might also buy another 8700K. Do we have a surefire batch number that I should look out for??? Obviously want 5.0Ghz at lowest volts.

I wass thinking of buying the Asrock Fatality i7 gaming. For some reason it is NOT available in the Oz market. Could get it from Newegg, but not confident of warranty returns etc.