8800GT benchmarks and info

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Rabe, Oct 12, 2007.

1. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

The video card is like a USB keyboard - it doesn't fill the bandwidth it's already got, and adding more bandwidth isn't going to help.

Do you notice a significant difference in your keyboard speed when using a USB2.0 keyboard in a USB2.0 port, relative to using it in a USB1.1 port?

2. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

These may be physically interchangable but doesnt pcie2.0 supply more current through the mobo slot ? So then eventually high end cards wont like old pcie slots , right ?

;)

3. Herbo

Herbo Member

Probably in the next generation or so.

4. BLeR

BLeR Member

5. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

6. Deanodriver

Deanodriver Member

Looking good. We've had a bit of a hole in the $250-350 price area, hopefully this'll plug it just nicely :)

7. MrSpanky

MrSpanky Member

UPDATE - 10/29/07-8:29am: A very interesting addendum to this. I just got off the phone with BFG Tech and NVIDIA has been doing some strange things lately. As of this morning, the GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB (unsure on the 320MB) will have its stream processors officially increased to 112, the same as the GT. This should put the GTS back ahead of the GT as per the paper specs. However, the separation in the products is still going to be very small except for those of you wanting to run high resolutions with AA turned on. To do that you are still going to need a $US400+ video card..or so. Our new spec GTS is on the way to us now and we will of course be updating you. Given the GT's faster clocks and possibly larger texture unit, we will have to wait and see. Undoubtedly though, the 8800 GT remains a stellar value at the expected price points.

Source

8. MrSpanky

MrSpanky Member

LOL

eVGA now have FOUR versions of 8800GT 512MB

Reference 600MHz/1500MHz/1800MHz
    Superclocked 650MHz/1625MHz/1900MHz
    KO 675MHz/1688MHz/1950MHz
    Super Superclocked 700MHz/1750MHz/2000MHz

SSC or Super Superclocked is now the new top series for eVGA cards, passing the KO series

Click Here

9. MrSpanky

MrSpanky Member

OMG

According to AnandTech:

$US199 or $US249?

For this launch, we have been given a $50 price range for 8800 GT. NVIDIA told us that there will be no $200 8800 GT parts available at launch, but they should come along after prices settle down a bit. Initially, we thought that the 256MB parts would be $200 and the 512MB parts $250. It turns out that we were mistaken.

Not only that, but we can expect the stock clocked 512MB 8800 GT to hit $200 at the low end. The 256MB part, which won't show up until the end of November, will hit prices below $200. Upon hearing Ujesh Desai, NVIDIA's General Manager of Desktop GPUs, explain this incredible projection, my internal monologue was somehow rerouted to my mouth and I happened to exclaim (with all too much enthusiasm) "you're crazy!" As an aside, we at AnandTech try very hard to maintain a high level of professionalism in all our dealings with industry players. Such a response is quite out of character for any of our editors. Regardless, I continued on to say that it seems NVIDIA has started taking notes from local commercials we all see about the deep discount auto dealers who are slashing prices on everything. Apparently I was the second person that day to react that way to the information.

Honestly, depending on how quickly the 512MB 8800 GT falls to $200, this launch could truly be revolutionary. As Jen-Hsun asked the crowd of journalists at NVIDIA's recent Editor's Day: "Do you remember the Ti-4200?" And we really could see a product to rival the impact of that one here today. But even at $250, the 8800 GT is an incredible buy, and if it takes until after the holiday season for prices to come down to $200, we won't be surprised. When the 256MB part hits the scene, we will certainly be interested in seeing where price and performance shake out, and whatever AMD has up its sleeves could also prove interesting and change the landscape as well. NVIDIA has been fairly accurate in giving us pricing we can expect to see on the street, and we really hope that trend continues.

Of course, since this is an NVIDIA GPU, we can also expect overclocked versions from almost every company building a card based on G92. These will definitely come with a price premium, but we are really hoping to see the price range eventually settle into a baseline of $200 with overclocked cards topping out at $250. But we will have to wait and see what happens, and even if the price never falls that much the 512MB 8800 GT is a very good value. There's no way to lose with this one.

So stock reference 8800GT 512MB will be $US200, by next month.
    THAT, is insanely cheap.

10. Nikaya

Nikaya (Banned or Deleted)

That is crazy if they get that low, I think ill wait alittle bit then :)

11. Master PooBaa

Master PooBaa Member

Good to see the 200-300 gap being filled nicely.
    My poor poor 8800GTS has finally become redundant :)
    Though it did take quite a while.
    Was the first graphics card i had that WASN'T obselete 2 weeks after i purchaced it (and was actually more expensive 1-2 months after purchace).

Shame for those who got the 8600GTS though. What an expensive dud.

12. Ospi

Ospi Member

Hmm now the question, buy another gts and run sli or ditch the gts and get a gt.

13. Olle_34

Olle_34 Member

Wonder what the chances are of "river tuner" or "ntune" being able to unlock/increase stream processors in older model GTS's are ?

EDIT: Ospi seen the for sale forums ? lol every second sale is a gts,GREAT time for sli i rekkon :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  14. Nikaya

Nikaya (Banned or Deleted)

I really hope some come out with better fans, the stock fans are so small and noisy and just....silly.

15. Ospi

Ospi Member

lol just had a look. Wonder how much of a boost over a single GT it will have though? i know it isnt supported in the demo so hard to tell yet but im guessing it would be a good 50%+ boost over a single GT?

16. OP
    OP
    Rabe

Rabe Member

Ok, well ill stop updating the original post as its now on the reviews are hitting the main OCAU page.

17. CrazyDruss

CrazyDruss New Member

:(:(

I feel very stupid now I did an impulse buy on ebay and bought an x1950xtx about a month ago for $225 not sure what to do now whether i should sell it and buy an 8800gt or what?

18. Warpy

Warpy Member

I just need to find a supplier were I can buy a Super Clocked EVGA version.

19. jakiman

jakiman Member

If SSC version is 700/1750/2000, I wonder what normal cards will overclock up to in the core/shader clocks.
    IMO, I reckon it'll overclock at least to the SSC level. That'll be quite close to a stock 8800 Ultra if so. wow.

Hmm. My 8800GTS with 16 less shader units and less texture units really is lagging behind now.
    Even when mine is overclocked to speeds in my sig, it'll only be similar to a stock 8800GT. doh!

20. flagger

flagger Member