$99 Parrallella:Dual core ARM CortexA9 with 16x1Ghz Epiphany Cores@32GFLOPS !FUNDED!

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by BluBoy, Oct 1, 2012.

1. RnR

RnR Member

Well I have a tracking number finally :thumbup:

Should have hardware soonish :D

2. rkaid

rkaid Member

yay, me too!

3. RnR

RnR Member

You know anything about opencl rkaid? It looks like the book that was also supposed to come from the kickstarter effort is nowhere close. So got hardware, but no knowledge on how to use it... might have to pick up a book :Paranoid: :p

4. rkaid

rkaid Member

I ordered mine within the last 2 hours of the campaign, drunk on a couch at 3am about to pass out, via a recco from a mate :)

I have a decent understanding languages, but proficient in none. Figured i could cut n paste my way to some glory.

Initial ideas where rocking an Android version of Kali Linux on an old phone connected to a Alfa Networks 1watt Wifi dongle, capturing WPA handshake hash's n sending them back live to my Parralella where its FPGA would produce wifi passwords... as cool party trick.

That or maybe computer vision and RoboRealm were about as far as i had thought...

...worse case, install XBMC and watch grainy re-runs of Northern Exposure.

In all seriousness, im not dry on hobbies at the moment, this will probably sit around till i find a fun coding example I can copy / paste and "ooh aaah" over.

5. RnR

RnR Member

6. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

Wat r u gonna do with it?