a dead 3d printer i found on gumtree. Rebrain buildlog

Discussion in 'Hobby Engineering' started by datfreak, Jan 24, 2020.

1. m3k

m3k Member

heat makes for best adhesion on glass- gluestick will stop it from sticking too good :p

datfreak likes this.
  2. m3k

m3k Member

i honestly love ur enclosure- very clean- if u get a chance- maybe re-print it in pet-g there is some study showing pet-g doesnt hold a flame PLA isnt bad- but ABS is horrible it holds fire so easily

make sure your voltage on ur drivers are set correctly- your Y axis drive might have been running too high or too low

i recomend taking out those ugly yellow inserts- and getting huge standoffs printed and mounting all ur electronics on the belly :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    datfreak likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    datfreak

datfreak Member

My 1st try with the gluestick got the print stuck to the glass. I heated the bed to 70 and it came off with force but wasnt ideal.
    Hairspray made a few prints come unstuck half way thru.
    Adhesion to the magnetic mat worked so well, maybe ive stuffed up the z height with the glass.

Thanks,I like the simple box also, and ill look onto reprinting it with pet-g.

Looking into dual z upgrade- there are a few cheap($55) kits for cr-10 standard on ebay.. mine is a cr-10 mini.

i could be wrong but the difference between cr-10 models is bed size and bed height but the aluminium extrusion and steppers are the same
    So a dual z kit for a standard cr-10 should fit my mini CR-10 but i'd have to cut back the lead screw to the same length as the existing one. Unless im missing something?

4. m3k

m3k Member

my cr10 mini isnt upgraded to dual z :p its not nececary tbh but if u do it - try to wire the motors in series instead of paralel to stop crosstalk

datfreak likes this.
  5. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

use cheap hairspray to help the 1st layer stick to the glass bed. It's what i use and it works well.

datfreak likes this.
  6. m3k

m3k Member

try to not spray on ur leadscrew and motors and stuff cause they can get clogged after a while :p and dont breathe hairspray

7. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

ofcourse, you just need a light spray on the bed. It makes it ever so slightly pourous and tacky for the hot plastic to bond to.