A disappointing day

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by koopz, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

1. koopz

koopz Member

Today I traveled out to Toowoomba, Queensland with a new contractor to do a simple job for a local retailer. They have FTTP up there - all good.

I was disappointed to find that the major retailer that I met had dropped a mate of mine as a trusted installation partner.

Personally, I don't get it.

Regions *need* 3 things... a decent electrician, a decent computer tech who can fix a computer and a decent NBN capable Comms tech. Friends in the local political office are optional. This person needs to be these 3 at a min.

...also a being decent bloody Australian who is an important part of his local community goes a long way. No religion required.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:39 PM
  2. OP
    OP
    koopz

koopz Member

hmm... maybe my personal preference was a dick to people?

I value your thoughts folks

3. Agg

Agg Administrator

Are you asking a question? I'm finding your post a bit hard to follow. :) Presumably they have their reasons, which would be either they simply have someone else in mind, or your mate has been let go for some reason specific to him.

4. Nobby6

Nobby6 New Member

Customers make decisions that make you scratch your head all the time.
    Someone cheaper?
    Your mate..
    -Did a bad job for them ( even a top class tech can have an off day and screwup at some time, and anyone who says otherwise is FOS ), only takes one bad job to undo the 50 good ones.
    -Did not have required experience/qualifications for the requested task
    -Wasn't available at the time they requested (usually the main factor)
    -Was constantly late to previous jobs (I always schedule the big_boys/VIPs first up - so they aren't put out if the job before them turns into a nightmare and takes twice as long (I'm sure we've all been there)
    -Clients personal reasons (thats a whole new can of worms)