A fix for FALLOUT : New Vegas Eyefinity users

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by PANZERAMD, Oct 22, 2010.

1. PANZERAMD

PANZERAMD Member

Okay like a lot of people who brought FALLOUT : New Vegas and use Eyefinity ( or Nvidia Surround ) I have come across the problem of the Terminal screens being stretched that you can not see any of the menus to allow you to perform a hack, and unable to get out of the terminal screen; resulting in pressing escape to get to the quit game option to get back to the desktop (and in the process being unable to save the game).

I have been playing with the .INI files and tried the FOV hacks for Fallout 3; but had no luck, so I went for a look through the .INI for anything related to the Terminals... And found this!

fRenderedTerminalZoom=36

I started playing with it divded by 2 to get 18 and made the streching worse:thumbdn:. So I decided to multiply by 2 to get 72... And it works!!!:D

Edit : Okay just found the best setting is 88; so change fRenderedTerminalZoom=36 to the following fRenderedTerminalZoom=88

The text is a little blurry, but it does work and is playable, I will continue to play with the settings a little more to see if I can improve it any more.

To do this you to have change all three .INI files ( EG, Fallout_Default.ini, Fallout.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini ) which are located in the following.

Fallout_Default.ini

c:\Programs File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout new vegas

Fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini

c:\users\Username\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV

Replace username with your own user name (IE) mine is Glen so it is this for me.

c:\users\glen\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV

Edit : to modify fallout.ini you have remove read only from the file permissions and once done editing enable read only again.

I hope this helps people out and spread the word to others who need help if you can.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Shreaver

Shreaver Member

Probably useful in the Fallout New Vegas thread...but I can see that it's annoying enough as a problem that it deserved a little extra attention.

3. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I didn't have to change anything it just worked. :confused:

Everything is in the correct ratio with just the text a little blurred.

4. Omarko

Omarko Member

same here, ratios are ok but the text is blurred ...

also, my mouse moves super fast in the menus, its bit annoing, anyone else gets this ?

5. raGneG

raGneG Member

Why can't this go in the already existing thread? Request the OP add it or something.

6. Alba

Alba Member

Anyone have an idea how to fix mine?
    It doesn't even show me my eyefinity res, so I can only play in single screen.

Click to view full size!

7. ashvsaod

ashvsaod New Member

I get the same thing. Watching with interest.

8. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman (Banned or Deleted)

I believe eyefinity resolutions are in the 16:9 drop down. Choose 16:9 instead of 16:10. Stupid, I know, but it's like that in most games I've played.

9. ashvsaod

ashvsaod New Member

I looked in my 16:9 drop down. Wasnt there..

10. XWarX

XWarX Member

You can edit the ini file manually for the desired res.

11. Alba

Alba Member

Tried that, 1920x1080 is the highest.

It's pretty retarded that a new game doesn't support high res when older games do that came out long before eyefinity/surround.

12. ravencs

ravencs Member

Anyone know how to change the FOV?

I'm playing with monitors slightly tilted in (Walls in the way, so i cant expand them any further) and im getting some cronic motion sickness from how the ground / environment stretches on the side images.

1 hour and i feel like throwing up - playing it with a hangover is worse then death.

13. OP
    OP
    PANZERAMD

PANZERAMD Member

Okay! You have to change this setting in all three .ini files: fDefaultFOV=75.0000

And change to one of the following.

4:3 - 79.9000
    16:9 - 105.3000
    15:9 - 99.0000
    16:10 - 95.2000

Taken form: http://www.widescreengamingforum.co...&t=14798&sid=12cb8a90a1d7c2879b31e46ef8fa8797

To answer Alba's question, Crossfire and Eyefinity don't work together at all; although saying that ( well... typing it ), I have tricked Fallout : New Vegas in to working with both. To do so disable Crossfire start the New Vegas launcher and then enable Crossfire ( sometimes works ). I haven't figured out a fix yet.