1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

A hot chick, some foliage and an oldie.

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by redhairkid, Apr 13, 2007.

1. redhairkid

redhairkid Member

A Chick
    [​IMG]

Some foliage
    [​IMG]

And an oldie…
    [​IMG]

Some C&C would be appreciated.

2. Dangerman

Dangerman Member

boooo

Danger

3. BigM

BigM Member

Well my first criticism is of course the false advertising. :D

Other than that, I like all of these, especially 2 & 3. Although you can see a bit of noise in the third, I am not experienced enough in any way to say if it would be possible to reduce this any more than it is (I suspect not), except to ask if you used ISO100?

EDIT: Also I just got a new monitor and can see noise in EVERYTHING that I never knew existed before, so I'm picky at the moment!! :lol:

JM

4. OP
    OP
    redhairkid

redhairkid Member

Thanks for the comments. Yea the third was shot at iso1600 on a d70 and Nikons don't handle noise as good as Canons. The place was pretty badly lit at the time and thats as best as I could get with a 50mm 1.8. I guess I could have tried some noise reduction. Anyway I'm still very much in the learning stage still but really enjoy photography.

Dangerman - Sorry to disappoint but I thought it was a pretty hot chick:tongue: .

5. uneeek

uneeek Member

1 & 3 do nothing. I love 2 though, only for the fact that the cooler colours up to are chopped off at the log and its all warm from there down

6. bugeyes

bugeyes Member

Shot 1: don't like the angle on this shot, it shows off her incredibly thick ankles, it's almost like she has a camel toe....:p [JK]

Shot 2: A bit average, doesn't do anything for me, might need to add some cyan and possibly remove a tad of magenta to balance the colour.

Shot 3: I like it a lot, don't know why possibly the warm tones and noise/grain

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  7. cgheaven

cgheaven (Banned or Deleted)

I love the first shot but the other 2 are not that good. I would suggest a tigher crop on the first one.

8. ob1

ob1 Member

i like 2 for the same reason as uneeek.

3 just doesnt seem to have a subject. The most prominant object in the shot is the escalator. The subject is neither the people (too many or not enough), the waterfall (off centre, not well highlighted), the place (al porto name chopped off) or the lighting (all plain yellow).