a little photoshop help, cause im rubbish at it

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Digital Art' started by Pipster, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Pipster

Pipster Member

Hi, i was wondering if someone would be able to help, ive just got this image off somewhere off the web, and have made it bigger, by copying and pasting till its the same size as my resolution. The only problem is it looks a little wrong and was wondering how to fix it a little, so it looks better.

Heres the org image:
    [​IMG]
    and heres my remade one:
    [​IMG]

if anyone could help, that would be awesome.

Thanks

2. Brendan123

Brendan123 New Member

Photoshop Help

Hi I would recommend using a blend of the smudge tool on a weak tolerance and the clone tool to make the background more believable... But I think you've done a good job! :)

Jared
    ------
    T Shirt Printing

3. C.Michael

C.Michael Iron Photographer

I recommend using illustrator and re drawing it.

4. KriiV

KriiV Member

I think the best way would be to set up a smudge scatter brush. (F5 to bring up the brush menu, apply a scatter of around 133%, Size Jitter on 100% and Strength Jitter of around 41% on default brush 46. (Looks like a brush dab.) You could also turn up the angle jitter to around 7% to make it look a little more random. Then just smudge the background a little till it looks how you want it. You could turn the strength of the smudge tool down so the image doesnt get shifted around.

This could be quite a bit more work however it would let it be modular in the future as you have the original drawing file.

Just as a side note, would you be interested in GFXAU? It's an Australian-only GFX site looking for more OCAU members. It's great to have OCAU mates on there.

5. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

You could blur out the background heavily leaving you a somewhat solid colour and lay a stock/texture over the top and experiment with layer types and opacity. Usually I go with softlight or overlay and bump down the opacity depending on the image i chose to use. the texture looks to be similar to concrete, so I'd be looking for something along the lines of that.

here's something quick i just did
    [​IMG]

6. fallen_dragon

fallen_dragon Member

This isnt perfect, but is isnt too far off it.

[​IMG]

jesus wept I hate image upload sites these days! I have no idea how to just link a damn image with a preview anymore, so heres another link!
    http://i.imgur.com/Woh45.jpg

7. OP
    OP
    Pipster

Pipster Member

thanks man