1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Acer B273H randomly died. Fixable?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by elementalelf, Dec 11, 2013.

1. elementalelf

elementalelf Member

About an hour ago, my Acer B273H monitor suddenly died. Screen went black, power light went off, and a faint click was heard.

It was running off a power board, as well as a short extension lead. I tried removing both of these and connecting directly to mains, no dice. I then swapped it out for an older LCD I had. Old LCD powers up and works fine, so the cable itself is not the issue.

The B273H is roughly 4 years old. Only one prior issue which I doubt is relevant(had a vertical line of stuck pixels for a few months, that problem fixed itself though.) I have put it through a hell of a lot of use though. Prior to the monitor blowing, it had been running all night in a room with perhaps 35*c ambient temp and minimal airflow.

I could open it up and try to figure out whats wrong myself, however I only have a small amount of experience repairing LCD's, and I'm not too confident I could do so without exacerbating the issue. Hence posting here first.

Is it possible the faint click I heard was a fuse blowing? If so, would it be a simple solder job to replace?

Cheers.

2. luke o

luke o Member

Throw away society mate, things are designed to only last a year or two. Lucky you got four! You can try fix it yourself if you have electrical skills, or take it to a local repair shop if you have any left in your area.

Otherwise be a good consumer and bolster Xmas spending by buying up a nice new tasty screen.

3. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Bring it to my place mate :)

We'll either get it going or I'll loan you something til you find a new one