1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

REVIEW Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS G-Sync Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Will S, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Will S

Will S Member

Acer 34-inch Predator X34P Curved IPS Gaming Monitor with G-SYNC

overclocks to 120 without a problem

The previous X34 was 60 ????and supposed to overclock to a 100 but it would only do 95

The new X35 is out but very expensive at $3999 but this for only $1206 with shipping from Harvey Norman. From Scorptec with shipping its about $10 cheaper. I went with Hardly Normal because I thought it would be quicker to be delivered from them ( very silly me ...shipping was a disaster )

I hate the back connections for the DP and power ...they have gone back to vertical and very hard to get plugs into . Lay it on a bed and do it before you mount it ( have it on a racing rig) or even before you put it on your desk. Previous model had the connections horizontal and very easy to get to. Thankfully the USB ports are horizontally mounted and easy to get to. The screen is more curved then the previous model but at the moment I still have not got it tuned and the picture looking as good.

Even the speakers sound half decent and the controls are easy to get to ...it would be so great if they could be done and accessed on screen via software through your computer

I will tell you this......after using a 34"screen you will never go back to a 27"screen...as girls will tell you...bigger is better

2. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

How is the backlight bleed / glow on your model? It is the only thing that slightly irks me on my x34p in what is otherwise a fantastic panel. In normal colourful scenes it's not a problem but dark stuff and it can draw my eyes to the corners. A little fine tuning and some ambient light has mitigated it somewhat at least.

100% agree on the size, I don't think I could go back to 27". The only other issue is somewhat patchy support for 21:9 in games, works most of the time but you have to get used to cutscenes throwing back to 16:9 on the regular. (Unless somebody makes an unofficial patch etc)

3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I bought one when they released, well worth it.

Looking forward to the X38 coming out at some point (or the LG model using the same panel), although I will wait for it to drop in price (probably lol).

4. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

well might be slight backlight bleed but I dont notice it

what else is slightly annoying is they changed size for the stand attachment...I thought I would put the new stand ( has a better swivel ) on the old model but the insert is slightly bigger...I guess I could take things apart and see I could get it working but not worth the effort but after a few more months of staying at home

5. nope

nope Member

still seems pricey for the slow hz, wait for black friday? maybe someone has something on the forums

6. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

slows htz......120htz is not slow and if people can tell the difference between 120 and 144htz they are kidding themselves

I have problems telling the difference between 60 and 95 ( the old Predator )

btw: remove the stand and remove the 4 screws and remove the 4 scres from other stand and the swap is done and is easy.....now have swivel on the old monitor

7. nope

nope Member

8. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

nope...they look fine to me and no blurring at all ..... its a con job

9. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

have they finally put auto input switching in. on my X27 I flick between my work laptop and personal rig daily and its a classic #firstworldproblem, also, can it do 120/144hz over HDMI or at least a second DP?

10. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

no idea as I havent tried hdmi

11. rubber duck

rubber duck Member

great monitor , i got mine last month and much prefer IPS over my old 34" VA

12. nismoscrin

nismoscrin Member

I've had the monitor for 2 years with no issues, just taking up too much of my desk space. Just waiting on my monitor arm stand to arrive. Was googling how to remove the X34P stock stand and it appears it will leave a trapezium cut out instead of a 100 x 100 VESA square.

Does anyone have photos of how they have mounted their X34P from the rear?

13. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It has a 100x100 VESA mount. It's just obscured by a couple of plastic shrouds. Skip to about 2 minutes in.

14. nope

nope Member