REVIEW Acer XZ321QU review

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by spank36, May 26, 2019.

1. spank36

spank36 Member

I sold my Acer XR341CK as I wanted to try out one of the new 32 inch 144hz freesync screens. Why did I want to go back to 16:9? I wanted 144hz, I use my computer for Foxtel and 21:9 monitors aren't supported, I play my PS4 (on the rare occasion I use it) on my monitors and black bars are bloody annoying and multiple other reasons.

I researched the absolute crap out of them and came to the conclusion that they were all extremely similar. Its basically a case of which one has a good stand and is at a good price. I purchased the AOC AG322QC4 but had to return it due to dead pixels. They didn't have any more in stock and it looked like my next best bet was the Acer XZ321QU. There were stuff all reviews on it, but the price was on point and it looked the goods. I ended up getting one for $494 delivered through Computer Alliance on eBay.

The screen came in a massive box and was already assembled, score. It also came with a display port cable, HDMI and a dvi. The screen design is fantastic, simple and elegant. The stand is brilliant, it has tilt, height and swivel. The pivot is very easy to manipulate yet rock solid. The stand isn't overly deep too if you dont have a lot of depth on your desk.

As soon as I fired up the screen, the picture quality was MUCH better than the AOC I had returned. The colours are vibrant and really pop but aren't overly saturated. Zero dead pixels too. I have had a fiddle and ended up leaving everything stock except the brightness which I have got all the way down to 25. This is a bright screen.

The menu is a toggle system but it also has buttons if you want. The toggle system is very easy to use. Its worth noting that while this screen has freesync and HDR, they don't work together (freesync 2 feature it turns out). No biggy as I know the HDR is supposed to be pretty average on most of the current screens. I'll try it on my PS4 some time and let you know how it is though.

The first game I tried out was Apex legends and it was brilliant. The colours are great, motion smooth and responsive and I there is no ghosting. I have tried pretty well every other game under the sun and its been tops. The 1440p resolution and 32inch size really works well. The option of a 30inch 1440p screen, but now I am used to the 32 it would be hard to go smaller. Its very immersive in games and great for watching Game of Thrones and the like.

I have no issues with viewing angles whatsoever. The curve is also subtle. I could honestly take it or leave it. One thing I did find weird is the advertised ultra fast response time feature (MPRT) doesn't work with freesync so its pretty well useless to me. Some other features I do like is the aim point (good for hardcore mods) and an FPS counter.

Overall I am very happy with this screen and I'm glad I got it. I definitely recommend it, especially if you can get it for a price similar to what I did. Any questions just ask and I'll try answer as best I can.

terroristone likes this.
  2. terroristone

terroristone Member

I did much the same, had the Acer as well, went to the Samsung 27” 144hz. Heaps better for gaming. I might give this one a go too as I’ve been considering 1440p as this 27” at 1080 is a bit too pixelated for me

3. OP
    OP
    spank36

spank36 Member

I had a 27 inch 1080p in the past and I found it too pixelated too, this size I definitely don't.

4. nope

nope Member

meanwhile my crap kogan has no issues of any kind... really makes me think

5. OP
    OP
    spank36

spank36 Member

Which one did you get?