Adding Bluetooth to TV

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by XXX-XXX, Feb 3, 2018.

1. XXX-XXX

XXX-XXX Member

Hi. I am about to buy a pair of Bose QC25 Bluetooth headphones. I really want to be able to use them with my TV as well as my laptop. I have seen these 3.5mm to bluetooth adapters on ebay that just plug into the audio jack on your TV. Has anyone used them and is the sound quality ok? would like to know before I go out and buy the headphones.
    Thanks.

2. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

I have a belkin one, its a few years old, don’t think it would be upto your audiophile standards if your buying Bose.

Doubt any aftermarket 3.5mm to BT would be good as Samsung or LG phone experience

3. OP
    OP
    XXX-XXX

XXX-XXX Member

Thanks man. I thought that might be the case. Is there another way to go about this?

4. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

5. mtma

mtma Member

I have a BT AptX receiver and I find the sound quality was more than fine as far as wireless audio is concerned, but I honestly haven't tried any of the standalone transmitter units of the sort that you would need for your TV.

The older bluetooth encoding (SBC) is pretty noticeable so you definitely want to make sure that you have something that sends AptX.

Also have you tried listening to the output on the TV? You might find that it is a bit mediocre to start with and the bluetooth sender won't help that.

ED- seems like if you go the Bose route the AptX thing is irrelevant as it's not supported by the bose gear anyway.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018