Admin nominations for this forum

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by Agg, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Nasher

Nasher Member

I hadn't noticed this thread before. I assume by the fact that it is still a sticky that the search continues.

I'll nominate Fodder, if he's interested. While I don't frequent this forum much (read: ever), I think he has a level head required of an admin, even for such a small forum, and his hardware knowledge seems to be sound.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  2. MadOnion87

MadOnion87 Member

yea Fodder seems to be a good candidate as well

3. nwatts

nwatts Member

I too believe Fodder would be a great Admin, and i've mentioned it too him on a few occasions on MSN. But I don't think he's too interested in moderating this forum. Although you'd have to ask him yourself ;).

4. KyocEr@~*

KyocEr@~* Member

I think Fodder and nwatts have shown enough maturity in general for me to say I'm sure either/both of them would demonstrate good leadership ability in a capacity as an administrator on OCAU. I wouldn't mind serving with the both of them. =)

5. Thomas887

Thomas887 Member

hehe, if only this was back in the kt333 days, then i could have helped ya's but now i'm mr via whats that kinda person :p

lol shame eh?

:p

6. ridewitme

ridewitme God of English

Im just posting here registering my interest in nomination, looks like people are self nominating anyway. Ive had experience more with VIA and the AMD side of things, not an Intel fanboy obviously.

For leadership, I have run two sucessful group buys on OCAU, helped out, just ask well respected members and some of the Admin staff aswell.

7. Fodder

Fodder (Banned or Deleted)

Wow, I come back from a week camping in the middle of nowhere with a duck strapped to my head and find all this! :)

I'd be more than happy to have a run for the position, if Agg, Persian, and the rest of the Admin team and OCAU members feel I'd do a good job. I'm not on the cutting edge of VIA hardware at the moment, but that should change in the next couple of months once I get round to going 64-bit, and as alot of folks know, I still have a keen interest in all the hardware I have no hope of affording. ;)

I expect there will be someone else better suited to some of the 'newsmonkey-ing' aspects right now (afterall, the latest hyperions aren't of huge use to my KT133A), but as I mentioned hopefully that will change once I get my finances sorted, and I'd still be honoured and eager if I was asked to take the reins.

As for other folks who I think seem like good candidates for the job, nwatts is far too into VIA gear for his own good. :D

8. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

A new VIA Admin should be appointed shortly. Thanks to all who expressed interest in this thread, and hopefully you will support the new Admin as I believe they are worthy of the title :thumbup:

9. Fodder

Fodder (Banned or Deleted)

Hi all, I'm the new VIA admin. I've unstickied this thread as it's no longer needed.

I'm thinking of whipping up a consolidated KT600 FAQ, so if anyone has any requests or suggestions, feel free to drop me a line.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  10. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

Welcome, enjoy your stay :)

11. nwatts

nwatts Member

Hehe, you aren't the only one who's hinted that ;).

Thanks for the nice words KyocEr. I would have liked to be admin, but I think Fodder will do an awesome job. He is a PC Hardware mastermind, owns some VIA products and can string a sentance together with ease. A worthy admin indeed.

And who knows, if the forum grows... you might need another admin :).

Take care.
    Nick

12. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Don't be disheartened Nwatts, some very favourable things were said about you by other forum members and Admins, so if the VIA forum requires a co-admin you are well and truly in the running.

Congratulations to Fodder and here's hoping under his stewardship, and given the new line of VIA products, that this forum returns to its former glory :)