1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice wtd best budget dolby atmos receiver @$750

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Bigtosser, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

Currently got my sights set on a Pioneer vsx933. Network streaming connections a must.
    What would you buy, and why, under a grand.

2. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

Sweet nothing, Save your money until you have sufficient funds to buy something half decent, that in the long run will be a "keeper"

3. OP
    OP
    Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

What would you suggest?

4. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

Yamaha RX-485 850 (Eastwood) To date I haven't heard or read a bad report on this unit. I have a friend who has one and considers it the best he's ever owned

Onkyo TX-NR474 also with-in your price range (Eastwood)

Also keep an eye on Selby HTTPS://www.selby.com.au/electronics/receivers-and-amplifiers/home-theatre.HTML
    They have some good deals going at the moment

Whatever you do , don't touch any Emotiva products, there shutting down Australian ( and world wide) distribution
    points and only selling direct from there factory in the USA

Really your restricted for choice with your low budget, If you could find another 500 or so, the field opens up with regard to choice. And if your looking for a long term keeper, You need something with all the add-on's now, Not in the next model. The problem with the cheaper models is they seem to up-date or introduce new models every 8 months or so.

Bigtosser likes this.