Advise for where to look re: Web Based end user reporting system

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by g0bbles, Mar 5, 2010.

1. g0bbles

g0bbles Member

Hi All,

I have a client who requires a web based application, which is to be designed to generate reports based on inputted data from the client. Ie. Me as the customer, have purchased subscription to this application, I log in and can enter my business reporting and financial information, turnover, GP all those financial figures, and it then generates a report with graphs / breakdown of all the figures inputted. It would be fairly comprehensive, and I am waiting on the client to submit me the information regarding exactly what data needs to be reported on, however, where does one look to have this job completed?

Does any one know of any web programmers I could outsource this part of the build to?

Advice / suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.

2. CustomBuilds

CustomBuilds Member

How much are you willing to spend for the completed application? If you had it built using mostly open source libraries, it may only be a few thousand to have it built. If you want it to be wholly proprietary, you're looking at tens of thousands to have it coded properly.

This type of financial reporting system should only be built by a professional, not a newbie or light weight programmer. That is if you want to have happy customers, and a stable system.

3. Dedge

Dedge Member

Licencing costs are minimal compared to labour. I think you'd be looking at tens of thousands irrespective of utilising an open source or proprietary platform.

@CustomBuilds Requirements you've listed are vague. If you start exploring further, I'd imagine you'd fine them to become quite verbose. You can find consultants everywhere. Might want to take a look at Mocra.

4. Coil

Coil Member

guru.com and other similar developer-for-hire sites. Market is global but you can probably specify someone local.

5. Gecko

Gecko Member

There are a few decent programmers around OCAU - if you post a request for help you should get a PM or two from some decent people.

Accounting systems aren't really fun to write... we have had to go down that route for one of our subsiduary companies (very bizarre requirements, which would have cost 80k+ to use an off the shelf solution or 10k to build our own)