Agility3 issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by KosTanzA, Dec 26, 2011.

1. KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

So building a new pc for my little brother, well basically gave him my old one and upgraded myself except kept my hard drives and bought him an OCZ Agility 3. Trying to install windows7 on it, was having major problems at the install screen was saying was wrong ntfs or something, managed to get past it installed windows, now i get a bsod with error 0x0000024 google comes up with it being the file system is corrupt, formatted it reinstalled get same thing. Any ideas anyone? I have tried..

-dif sata ports/cables
    -installing it from my pc both through windows and through proper setup
    -formatting it ;/
    -updating firmware

Be a few other things been at it since last night with no luck. Is it just a stuffed hard drive? Was purchased new and only received it on thursday

2. Jedi Jezz

Jedi Jezz Member

Running the sata ports in IDE compatibility mode? They should be set to AHCI, look for a bios update for your mainboard, older bios's had issues with the agility 3. Otherwise try the OCZ forums, they have pretty good support as the agility 3 had issues for a fair few months after launch.

3. OP
    OP
    KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

yeh tried in ide and ahci mode, bios is upto date also

4. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

Do you have the latest firmware on the SSD?
    Is this connected to an Intel SATA port?

5. OP
    OP
    KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

yeh the ssd was updated and tried all sata ports, marvel intel and the old sata2 ones. Just realised was only using beta bios verison f9c just updated to f9 fingers crossed

6. OP
    OP
    KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

bleh no change at all, get into setup, it does the extract folders etc then after 1st reset comes up with this screen.

[​IMG]

I have tried 2 different windows 7 discs and no change. was able to install fine onto a 1tb hdd and get to home page but nothing from the agility3

Edit: yes i tried to repair from win7 disc comes up unable to fix, send/dont send

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

What make and model of the mother board?...but from what you have tried, it seem like the SSD...

I have tried the previous gen of then SandForce SSDs on the "old" P965 chipset and they were working fine...

Oh, just remembered...make sure that the RAM is fine...had something similar on a laptop and regular HDD...the windows wouldn't install or were getting corrupted...changed the RAM to a different brand and everything worked fine.

8. OP
    OP
    KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

this board here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3847#ov

The ram is seated in the exact same spot from when i had my vertex3 max iops in there, basically all ive done is swapped the psu's, taken out on of the gpu's and changed the hard drives, might just send it back have got the computer up n running with an old 1tb hdd for now

9. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

10. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

This may sound stupid but have you changed the 'Boot Priority'.

Looks like its trying to boot off into a different drive that is already attached.

SSD: Boot 1 (Priority)
    USB/DVD Drive: Boot 2

Press F9 or F11 to tell it to boot from the USB (Only need to do it once).

To test out the drive once more. Try to 'Clone' the old drive to the SSD and see if it will boot up that way.

11. OP
    OP
    KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

nah i havent switched boot priority just had cdrom as option 1 while installing then either dont press any key or take cd out of drive once finished. Will try tomorrow, needa goto bed.

Will look at ssd caching tomorrow aswell but dont think its gonna be that as i just installed win7 on my pc on the maximus 4 extreme-z and since i only have 1 dvd drive at the moment used the exact same setup to try with the agilty3

12. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Well if it is the exact same CD that you use for the Windows install then the disc is fine. It would have been my second guess. You could try to burn it to .ISO then making a bootable USB as a different method.

I've had a similar issue before but it was because the Windows Disc wasn't formatting the drive properly, I had to go into a previous installation and go under 'Disk Management'

13. asher001

asher001 Member

I wrestled with this same drive. It has issues.

First, make sure you are using the latest firmware; 2.15.

Next, make sure you are booting into windows using the same mode (AHCI or IDE - AHCI is definitely preferred) as that you installed windows with.

What fixed the issue for me was uninstalling the Intel SATA drivers and just using the windows default ones. Give that a shot.

There are threads on the OCZ forums detailing the many issues people are having, but I bet that following the above will fix it.

14. OP
    OP
    KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

Tried it in my brothers laptop today and had no luck. stuff it, going on a long journey back to where it came from