AIMBOT for halo 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by the_pessimist, Jul 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

hey guys,
    I was playing halo when i got accused of using an aimbot (i laughed and ridiculed the idiot who suggested something so stupid).

however i was curious if someone had done somthing like that and searched for halo 3 aimbot and came across a youtube video. (This now explains some of the games where i got raped by a single freak sniper...)

I Kinda left pc multiplayer gaming because of hacks, but thought it wouldn't be possible on console. What i want to know is how the hell can they do something like this on console, and why it cant be detected.

oh and if you personally come across such hacks.

ps i quit halo 2 because of all the modding

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. kizzav

kizzav Member

I'd love to explain how they do it, but the talk of hacks/mods on this forum is a no go.

Not only would my explanation help you (& possibly have me banned) understand how to do it & how it works, but it could then make other people use that information & use it for the reasons it's obviously intended, exploiting the 360.

If you come across a modder online, the only thing you can do, is file a complaint to MS. But, we all know, eradicating all of the modders is almost impossible.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  3. power

power Member

yes, as we all know consoles are unpirateable and hackers can't cheat.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

at least it keeps the enforcement team at xbox in the job! but it's really up to the gamers themselves to say that "hey, hacking/cheating is not cool!"

5. OP
    OP
    the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Yeah i guess its better left for another day. Hopefully Reach doesnt have the same problem :thumbup:.

It's actually news to me that its do-able online.

6. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

Report them and they will have their account/console banned pretty quickly.

7. OP
    OP
    the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Ive apparently been reported 5 times now yet im not banned (Some players went out of their way to leave a couple of nice messages after the game). how would they be able to detect whether a person is hacking or not if they cant detect it in the first place?

They can't just ban a person because opposing players where but hurt and decided to report you.

Like i said this games pretty much dead either way. only 5 weeks till reach.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  8. Mifferz

Mifferz Member

So you admit to aimbotting or tthat good?

9. OP
    OP
    the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

did you read my initial post? I was asking how they do it :confused::confused:.

ps I do alright.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  10. Mifferz

Mifferz Member

my bad: thought it was kizzav replying there.

Yeah I always thought consoles were aimbot/hack free. Since the xbox can be modded, what about the PS3 botters (if any)?

11. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

MS has a lot of employees in the Live division that actually join games with reported players in them to see if it's a legit claim or not. Obviously the more complaints you get, the quicker they'll get around to tracking you.

12. Mattip

Mattip Member

They do it with modified game files I belive, using pirated games to begin with. So with the checks Microsoft does for consoles with mod chips they should be able to determine if its a genuine claim or notagainst a player . What I have heard anyway.

13. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

any console can be modded Iv seen GTA IV on xbox 360 with modded car models and the like, Also the infamous rapid fire controller mod, that I suddenly forget the name of.

In general tho I'm not suprised to see modded consoles after all what are modchips built for.

This as much as im going to say depth wise, I dont wish to be banned.

14. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

requesting modded PS3 links: 1,000,000 internets to you if you can provide them.

15. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

You don't know how to use google? Took me 1 second.

16. trop

trop Member

rofl what he means is that the PS3 cannot be modded...

17. The Beast

The Beast Member

He's not talking about aesthetic modding lulz :lol:

18. flain

flain Member

in the "old" days there were many many bots for quakeworld. Some worked on the network level, and acted like a proxy server. So you connect your "bot proxy" to the game and connect your client to the proxy.

Obviously would of taken a LOT of effort to code something like that compared to gamefile hacks/mods.

19. Slug69

Slug69 Member

All video game cheats are cowards. It is an undisputable fact. When you come across people who do it I make this statement and also ask why they want to shame themselves.

Do not ever call them hackers. They aren't anywhere near as smart. At best they are script kiddies. Don't swear at them just ask them why they want to be known as cowards.

Generally they piss off after a round of this.

Lets face it, this kind of behaviour is the weakest of weak. The whole purpose of playing video games is the playing part. I don't know how you can feel good about winning a game where no-one knows your real name and the fake name you do use has a reputation worth nothing because of the amount of people who accuse you of cheating. It is cowardice, nothing more, nothing less.

20. OP
    OP
    the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Interesting. Havent heard of this before.

I'm pretty sure if you use a modified game then ms is able to detect and ban you from what ive read.

What did the rapidfire hack do exactly(i noticed they could always get an extra shot in)? Ive seen it on youtube in MW2 and it made a huge difference there.

PS3 was 'modded', however Sony removed the exploit by disabling custom os etc.

I just totally ignore them and click avoid player.