air flow with multiple radiators

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Will S, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Will S

Will S Member

Lian li 011 Dynamic with a full loop through GPU and CPU

Say a 360 at the top and a 360 at the rear ( dual chamber so basically front rear ) and 2 fans at the bottom making 8 fans

1/ All fans blowing in thus creating positive pressure and keeping dust out but maybe trapping to much hot air in the case

2/ Having the rear 360 and the bottom 2 fans blowing in and the top thinner 360 exhausting

3/ Just have the one 360 rad at the rear front blowing in along with the 2 or 3 fans at the bottom and have 3 fans at the top exhausting ( depends on the pump/reservoir if its 2 or 3 fans at bottom )

Want to get this build right and dont want to say a couple of weeks down the track I should have done this. Havent ordered nothing but in the case currently I have 6 noctua 120mm fans .

2. mojododo

mojododo Member

Looking at the case id blow both rads out and fresh air via bottom fans

3. danielvh

danielvh Member

This.

4. emmjawsX

emmjawsX Member

Hardware Canucks did a video on 9 fan setup, using an AIO for the cpu and an air cooled gpu.

[​IMG]

Full loop would obviously be a bit different but i think the takeway is with that many fans config doesn't matter a whole lot :leet:

Depending on the radiators you pick it can be a tight fit installing in the top/side. The xspc slim i have in the side was very tight around the ports, i probably should've filed around it a little but just managed to get it to fit. Recently upgraded to a thick SR2 in the top and it barely fit as well.

5. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

thats how I have the case setup now...aio top exhasut , 3 at bottom and 3 at side....and yes, will the rads fit...the Hydro Config has one on bottom and one on top

or maybe a 240 at the side intake so only have 8 fans

edit: well just took the case apart and I think a thin 360 sitting behind the back ( side ) with 3 fans blowing in next to the vent on the side panel , that way could have a thick rad on the top exhausting and still have 3 fans on the bottom of the case sucking in

or maybe just 2 Corsair XR5's

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020