Airline headphone conversion

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by methodMAN, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:01 PM.

1. methodMAN

methodMAN Member

hey,

Picked up these Emirates noise cancelling headphones brand new at a swap and sell in a bundle with some other stuff for $15 total.

So now onto getting them to work.

From a quick google it looks quite do-able and I do have the skills (can solder and sparky by trade).

1. What voltage and polarity of the pins is required for the noise cancelling to work?
    2. Is there a easier way than what is shown as the instructable is pretty old?

cheers

mM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:05 PM
  2. slavewone

slavewone Member

Hmm, I’d say it needs power to work at all. Try it with 1 or 2 or 3 batteries.

I’m guessing a 3.5mm stereo to dual mono adapter should work to bring both channels together for easy.

3. merlin13

merlin13 Member

Yup, the audio will will be merely a stereo Left/Right/Gnd bog-stock 3.5mm plug, assuming you want to mod this back to "normal" headphone use".

Being noise cancelling it'll need power, and unless it's marked on it somewhere and/or someone gets the right answer from Uncle Google actual voltage/current rating will be somewhat of an unknown - assume mebbe half amp or so, but could be 5 volt, could be well over 5 volt (6, 8, 9, 12, 15... pick one, any one, Tune For Maximum Smoke If You Get It Wrong...).

"Probably" Centre Positive but You Never Never Know on that nowadays...

4. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Google is your friend....

PS: I didnt watch any of it, other than first 10seconds.

5. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

Have a look at the board on the other end, ther'll be red and black and maybe some markings re voltage